2 Spades

Not take long......yeah right. Ace stopped counting after the first two weeks of being here. Right now he and the other members of his group where walking and talking about upcoming events that they were going to extend. "Today's unhappy birthday party was cancelled because of the forecast of raining cat's and dogs, and the rules state no cats at formal events." Yuri said looking back at the others. "So we have a free day, like total free?" Jaden asked. Yuri didn't have time to answer before the door that led outside where slammed open and a very angry King came in and stormed past them. The head of another more or less innocent person in his hands.

If Ace has counted correctly from the one he saw, that's the 3 one in the last two days. "I know that I haven't been here too long, but is it 'normal' for so many people to lose their head this quickly?" "Haven't been here long? You have been here for like a month and half." Jaden said. "Oh Shhhh, he's a little mad you can't blame him. Though to answer your question, no. I don't think I've seen so many people lose their heads so quickly." Yuri said with a sigh. "Oh who cares where free for today! I'm going into town see you all later!" Yuki said running off. "My, my they are always running off somewhere. Well I'm off too. I'll see you tomorrow." Jaden said waving goodbye "Bye" "See ya later"
.
.
.
To go back to the beginning the Rose maze filled with trees in one of the only places left that Ace and the two shadows haven't looked. A door that could get Ace out of here, he didn't know what that door was supposed to look like but his shadows said he'll know when he sees it. So here he was looking around in every crane he could think to look at. "Hey! Heart!" Ace jumped a little at the voice that yelled to 'him'. He turned to look at the person or well people. Two spade soldiers, probably the ones he met on his first day here.

"You know you're a hard person to find! You know that?" "You were looking for me?" "Yeah umm, we wanted to invite you for tea, since the heart soldiers don't have any work to do today we thought this is the perfect time to thank you for helping us that one day." The second spade soldier explains, them add. "Oh and my name is Cin, and this is Val." "Guess it's nice to officially meet you two." "Big words from a mad person, come on the teas are going to get cold."
.
.
.
"As much as I don't like heart soldiers, I have to say I feel bad for you, but only you." Ace put down his tea cup and looked at Val. "Thanks? But why?" "That tyrant King of areas is going off the rail more than normal. I mean it's bad for us to hear him mumble all the time. I'm sure you all get to hear all his rants." "Do you know why he's been acting up?" "No." "Oh I heard it's because of the 'Alice'. Apparently the white rabbit was supposed to be keeping an eye the Alice and they disappeared somewhere in suicide forest." Cin explained.

"If they disappeared there why don't they ask the mad hatter or whatever their name is." "Oh they did, she refused to tell them anything! Even when the King went and asked them, himself." Val snorted "you telling me that the Kings little temper tantrum, is caused by a person that he's never met, let alone someone he doesn't even know what they look like. Though I think I'd like to meet this 'Alice' and thank them for such a fun time I had and all the stuff I got away with this month because of them."

"Umm, so why is an 'Alice' so important anyway." Ace asked "i don't think anyone really knows, but my favorite rumor is because the heart of an true Alice can 'save' Wonderland or something like that. I don't think anybody really knows what that means though." Cin explained "Save?" "Yeah some old profusely or something like that. 'when the first Alice dies Wonderland will die with it and only for a true Alice to be alive will Wonderland continue to live. Apparently long ago whenever an Alice would come to wonderland everyone turned into a game to see who could kill them first and stuff. Then this one Alice came down and said that profusely, then killed herself right there in then." "Apparently this new Alice that everyone fussing over is the first Alice that we had in 16 years, and I think related to the first Alice. Of course most of that just rumors so don't take anything to heart." Cin added to Val's little rant. "I see"

There was a small moment of peaceful silence, when it was interrupted by the sound of crash glass. Val and Cin where quick to stand up from there seats. "Sure we go and check that out?" Cin asked looking at Val. "I mean I don't want to, but I guess it's are jobs. Bye Heart let's hang out again soon." "Right." The two of them leave to head where the sound of the crash came. And for a few minutes everything was fine until Ace got a curious little feeling. He got up from his seat and followed where the two had left from. It wasn't too long before he found them standing with a few other card soldiers. They were all looking at a scene of the King and......... The white Rabbit.

"Your Majesty, just let me explain for a minute!" "I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING FROM YOU! IF YOU BOTHERED TO SHOW YOUR FACE HERE AGAIN YOU BETTER HAVE SOME GOOD NEWS FOR ME OR IT'S OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!!!" There was a brief moment that you could really see the desperate in both their voices. The rabbit for his life and the king, well Ace wasn't really sure. The rabbit eyes darted around frantically and then his and Aces eyes met. The moment seemed to go on forever for Ace, a feeling of dread started to boil. Then his fear became a reality when the rabbit pointed at him and yelled, "right there that's the Alice!" As it seemed like on cue all eyes were on him, and he didn't give it much thought before he booked it out of there.
.
.
.
'Running just keep running and running and running and running. Wait why am I running? Should I stop? No, I'm sure that I shouldn't. But why? Oh, I think I'm falling now. But I didn't trip on anything. My back hurts now for some reason. What with the black firefly looking thing. Is someone picking me up? I think so, they said something as well. I'll ask them what they said later. A nap would be nice. Yeah a nap sounds really nice............'
.
.
.
Oh my, how does that one saying go? 'curiosity killed the cat' I guess it would be more fitting in this context for it to say 'curiosity got the Alice caught.'