0.4

Just a note, Tyler's childhood is not accurate at all idk why but I'm too lazy to have his sisters in this bc too many characters so don't yell at me for that thnx

I wake up to the sound of the door closing, I roll over and realize Tyler isn't on the other side of my bed.

"Ty?" I call out and I hear nothing. I sigh and lay back down in bed. I shouldn't have asked him to stay the night or even let him up here. He probably had to get back to the hotel super early anyways so they could go back to Boston.

I hear the door open and close again after about half an hour of laying in bed. And this time I get up and wander to the front door. Tyler is taking his jacket off as I watch and he smirks at me.

"What are you doing?" I ask and he holds up a bunch of grocery bags.

"You didn't have good breakfast food, I was going to surprise you and Sophia with a nice big breakfast."

"Do you need any help?"

"Like old times?" Tyler says as we start preparing to make a big breakfast like we used to every Sunday. Together we would destroy the Seguin's Kitchen with pancake batter and bacon grease and anything remotely messy that his parents would feel like yelling at us for, until they saw the table full of food of course.

We always got into trouble together but by far the most fun was Sunday breakfast. And because Tyler grew up as an only child, I was like the second kid in that house because I was always there. And causing trouble and making messes of their house, we always cleaned up after ourselves, well I did all the clean up. Tyler just sat and watched while eating whatever was left.

I'm placing some pancake batter into the hot frying pan when I feel it, a huge handful of flour right on the top of my head. I spin around with the spatula in my hand and swat Tyler with it.

"Not cool Segs!"

"Your face was priceless though H!" Tyler backs away from me quickly as I try and smack him again with the spatula.

"Shut up, I'm not letting you distract me and have me burn these pancakes." I say and I turn back to the stove with a laugh.

"Come on and have some fun H, please?"

"Ty the last time I had any sort of fun was- never mind." I can feel Tyler get close to me again. His hand suddenly grab my waist and he leans down right next to my ear.

"Was when we had sex?" He questions and I turn to shove him off of me.

"Stop Tyler, Sophia could wake up any minute and I don't want you all over me when she comes for breakfast." I say and he lets me go, but not before giving me a small kiss on the cheek.

"Ew gross." I hear Sophia mumble and I turn to see her standing in the doorway to the kitchen.

"Good morning sleepy head." I say as I walk over and kiss her head.

"Hi mommy, I'm hungry."

"Yeah, we're making some food why don't you go and watch tv or play with your toys. We'll bring you food when it's ready baby." Sophia nods and walks off back to her room.

"Alright H, lets do this." Tyler says and turns to put some bacon on a plate.

"You're so weird." I mumble and go back to my pancakes, which are a little burnt now. Tyler laughs as I plate them and I smack him on the arm.

"Sorry." Tyler says sheepishly as I laugh.

We quickly finish making all the food and I plate a pancake, some bacon and a piece of toast for Sophia.

"Soph, food is ready!" I call and she comes running out of her room. She sits at the table as I place her food in front of her and she starts to eat.

"Mommy is Tyler staying here now?" She asks with a mouthful of pancake.

"No, he has to go back to Boston to play silly girl."

"Oh, right." Sophia seems slightly disappointed and I smile at her.

We sit down and eat together quietly, Sophia asking Tyler the odd question about hockey and Boston.

"Tyler, if you're a good friend of my mommy's then do you know who my daddy is?" I choke on the piece of pancake in my mouth as the words leave her mouth.

"Uhm, that's a question your mommy has to answer Sophia." Tyler looks over at me and I turn my head quickly.

"We'll talk about it later Soph." I mumble and everyone goes back to eating.

Tyler finishes first and waits for us to be finished before he collects our plates and brings them into the kitchen. Sophia runs off to play in her room and I take a seat on the counter beside Tyler.

"Are you going to tell her ever?"

"I will Ty. Just not now."

"Why H?"

"Tyler you know why and I don't need to explain to you how I raise my daughter."

"Our daughter." Tyler snaps back and he puts his hands on my shoulders.

"Ty stop." I say and try to push him back, but he stands in between my legs and stares at me.

"No. You need to tell her, she's just a kid for god sakes Harley! She needs to know about me."

"I've told you exactly why I don't want that. We're fine here and if she knew she'd want to be in Boston with you and I have school here and a job! I'm not packing everything up just to get let down again!"

"How did I let you down H?" Tyler's eyes are searching my face, a frown on his own and I sigh.

"You left and didn't fight for me. For us." I gesture in between our bodies as I feel tears in my eyes.

"Jesus Harley you were my best friend who I accidentally knocked up. I tried to be there but I got a chance to live my dream and you know what that means to me. You have to believe that I would never hurt you on purpose again. God Harley I love you so much."

"I think you should leave now Tyler." I mumble and I can see the hurt flash on his features before he steps away from me.

"Yeah, I guess so. I'll say good bye to Sophia." Tyler walks out of the kitchen and stands in Sophia's doorway. I can barely hear what he says but she comes running out and gives him a big hug.

I watch as he whispers something in her ear and she giggles. He kisses her forehead and makes his way to the front door. I feel tears slip down my cheeks as I watch him leave. I shouldn't let him go back to Boston on such a bad note but I can't bring myself to stop him.

"Bye H." He calls back to me as he opens the door. He turns and holds up his hand, his pointer finger in the air.

"Bye Ty." I hold up my own hand, pointer finger up and he gives me a small smile before leaving, "My number one everything."

We made that stupid thing up when we were in middle school, a secret way of saying "I love you" for when Tyler was around his hockey buddies and wouldn't say it. It just kinda stuck and we used it in every goodbye since.

I watch the door for what feels like hours after Tyler leaves. I don't know why I'm praying he comes back or even calls later in the day. I never realized how much I missed him and his hugs. His arms have gotten much bigger and he's all over more muscular, but he still gives the best hugs I've ever had.

"Mommy?" Sophia breaks my thoughts by tugging on my leg.

"Yes?" I get off the counter and squat down to her height.

"Are you sad?" I nod, "why mommy?"

"I missed Tyler a lot and I'm sad he had to go so soon."

"He promised we'd see him soon though mommy, don't be sad."

"I won't be upset much longer baby don't worry." She wraps her arms around me and I hug her tightly.

"I love you mommy."

"I love you too Sophia."