3.4

It takes us almost an hour to be seen once we arrive at the hospital and Tyler is now angry on top of him being anxious and I know he's about to snap. I'm laying down in the hospital bed, waiting for the doctor to come in to tell us what's going on.

"Ty, can you come snuggle with me." He looks up from his phone and comes right over to my bed, I move over and he climbs into the bed with me. He gently wraps his arms around my waist and places a couple kisses to my cheek and head. I can feel his whole body relax and I already know that he's less likely to snap at the next person who walks in the room.

"Do you feel any better now?" He asks and I nod.

"Yeah, it's not as bad now. I think its gonna stop soon, I mean I hope it will."

"Why won't you tell me what you think it is?"

"I don't want to worry you, because what if it's not a big deal and I'll have you upset for no reason. I don't want to put anymore stress on you than you're already feeling right now."

"I just don't want-" Tyler is cut off by a nurse knocking on the door and then walking into the room.

"How're you feeling now Harley?"

"Uh a little better, the pain is lessening but I still feel like I'm bleeding a lot."

"Okay, that's good that your pain is subsiding, we'll keep monitoring the bleeding and keep you up to date on that. But we do have your test results back."

"Okay and?"

"So the tests you did earlier this week confirmed you were pregnant, about two and a half months along."

"Oh wow okay." I look at Tyler and he smiles and squeezes my hand.

"But because of the bleeding we believe your having complications so we're going to send in someone to do an ultrasound and check out the baby. Just give us a few moments to get it set up." The nurse leaves and a different nurse comes in with the ultrasound machine, she gives me a small smile.

"Have you had an ultrasound before?"

"Yes, I have a daughter so I've had lots." Tyler climbs off the bed and I move and lay on my back, I pull the hospital gown up so she can see my stomach. I look over and Tyler and reach for his hand, he grabs it and gives it a tight squeeze.

"Oh wonderful, how old is your daughter?"

"Nine, but sometimes it feels like she's sixteen." I manage a small laugh and the nurse smiles at me.

"Oh just wait until she actually is sixteen, I have a twenty year old and an almost eighteen year old. They're good now but oh boy we're there some rough patches a few years ago. What's her name?" She's setting the machine up and getting it ready as she makes small talk and I'm grateful for the distraction.

"Yeah, I bet. He's the most nervous for when she gets older, her name is Sophia."

"That's a beautiful name, mine are Georgia and Lily."

"Those are really nice names."

"Thank you! Okay I'm all set to go, are you?"

"Mhmm."

"Okay, it's gonna be a little cold." The nurse puts the gel on my stomach and I shiver slightly. She starts moving the wand around as she watches the monitor, she's frowning and moving it around a lot and I know right away what's happening.

"You can't find it, can you?" I ask

"Find what?" Tyler whispers and I turn to look at him and he has tears in his eyes, my own eyes start to water at the sight.