2.4

I'm finishing packing up my bag when I hear my phone going off non stop on my desk, I look over and see a bunch of text messages from Tyler. I sit down on the edge of my desk and unlock my phone to read the messages.

*H, I'm sorry*

*I messed up and I'm sorry*

*Pls forguvw me*

*H pls, whrrr arw yoy*

The messages slowly getting harder and harder to understand as I go through them and I realize that Tyler has gotten incredibly drunk since leaving the arena. I quickly grab my remaining stuff off my desk and rush out the door, I make my way to the parking garage almost in a full sprint.

I unlock my car and throw all my stuff into the backseat and start the car. I dial Ty's number and pull out of the garage and speed off into the direction of his place. The phone keeps ringing and ringing and I start to feel a panic rise in my chest as I think about all the reasons he couldn't be answering me.

"Harley?" Tyler finally answers and I let go of the breath I was holding.

"Ty, are you okay?"

"I don't know H." His voice is slow and quiet, all his words kind of slur together and I feel so bad for causing him to be in this state.

"I'm coming over, okay? I'll be there soon."

"Why?"

"Because you were texting me and didn't seem like you're okay. I want to make sure you're gonna be okay."

"I'll be okay."

"I'm coming over anyways."

"You're only coming because you feel guilty about Jamie."

"No, Ty that's not it."

"Yeah it is."

"No, I'm coming over because I'm worried about you and I care about you and I hurt you today and that's not okay with me. You know how much you mean to me Ty, to Sophia too. If something ever happened to you and you weren't there anymore it would be the worst thing in the entire world."

"Nothing's gonna happen to me, don't worry."

"I'm on your street so you better just open the door."

"Fine." Tyler sighs and I hear him start to shuffle around his apartment.

"What're you doing?"

"My place is messy, gotta clean it a little bit." I hear the clinking of beer bottles and I sigh as I pull into a vistors parking spot at Tyler's building.

"I'm not picky Ty, it's fine."

"Nah, if you come in now you'll tink I'm an alcoholic. I've just gotta put some shit away."

"Okay, well I'm here so I'm coming up in a few."

"Okay, I'm gonna finish I'll hang up now." I'm not even able to say anything before Tyler hangs up and I roll my eyes as I make my way into the building and to the elevator.

I feel a weird bubble of anxiety in my chest as I make my way up to his floor, another person gets on the elvator and looks at my Stars jacket and he smiles at me.

"Love that jacket, Seguin lives here you know?"

"Oh, I know. I'm the trainer for the team. I'm on my way to see him right now." I kinda laugh and the guy smiles a little wider at me.

"Ah I see, that sounds like a pretty sweet gig you've got then."

"Yeah, it's great. Pays the bills and supports my daughter so you know I can't really complain."

"Sweet." We get to Ty's floor and I go to step out of the elevator, "I'm Nate by the way."

"Harley, nice to meet you."

"I hope to see you around then Harley."

"Yeah, you too." The door closes and I turn to walk down to Tyler's apartment, I knock on the door as I step in front of it and I hear Ty shuffling around before reaching the door.

"Hey." He says and moves out of the doorway so I can walk through the door.

"Hi, you okay?"

"Yeah, I guess." I follow Tyler as he walks to the living room and sits on the couch.

"How much did you drink?"

"I don't know, I lost count to be honest with you. I stopped drinking before you called but I still feel pretty trashed."

"Well I'm glad you stopped." Tyler gives me a small smile and then turns his attention back to the TV thats playing a random old movie. He seems like he doesn't want to talk to me all that much so I give him some space.

I sit on the opposite side of the couch from him and I try to focus on the movie and not think too much about the awkward feeling in the room.

It's silent for about fifteen minutes before Tyler sighs and stands up, I watch him as he goes into his kitchen and opens the fridge. He comes back with two bottles of water and tosses one to me as he makes his way back to the couch.

"Thanks." Tyler nods at me and sits back down, he sits a little bit closer to me now and I relax a little bit, "Ty?"

"Yeah?"

"Can we talk?"

"Yeah."

"About today though?"

"Yes, go ahead." He turns and faces me and I see how much hurt is written on his face and in his body language and I sigh.

"Ty come here." He shuffles closer and I reach out for his hand, "How do you feel when I'm with you? When I hold your hand? When I kiss you?"

"I don't know H."

"Well I'll tell you how I feel when we do all of that stuff. I feel safe and secure and happy, I feel like nothing in the world is wrong and that I'm the most important person in your world. In the whole world. But most importantly Ty, I feel love. I love you and I know you love me." Tyler stares at our intertwined hands and looks deep in thought, he open and closes his mouth a few times before looking up at me.

"Right now, it feels like my brain is mush and my heart feels the same way. But when I saw you and Jamie all I wanted to do was punch something or get really drunk and go out and forget you. It hurt so much and I know we're not together and you can do whatever you want and it wouldn't be the end of the world if you were with Jamie, but I cant help but feel like it would be."

"Ty, you know I don't want Jamie."

"But you kissed him anyways."

"I mean he kissed me but I didn't exactly stop him right away."

"Did you like kissing him, did you feel like you could be with him."

"I'll be honest Ty, I've never hated a kiss more." Tyler laughs a little and I'm glad he's not totally mad at me.

"Good." Tyler smiles and squeezes my hand before standing up and pulling me into him.

"I wish you had just let me talk to you before, instead of coming home and drinking. You were doing so well Ty."

"I know, I'm sorry."

"It's okay, I was just worried about you."

"But I'm okay now." Tyler leans down and kisses my cheek and I give him a small smile.

"Well you're still drunk, but I'm glad you're feeling better now."

"Shush, I'm not drunk."

"You are, so come on let's get you into bed Seguin." I start to guide Tyler in the direction of his bedroom and he follows me mumbling about how he doesn't want to go to bed yet.

A/N

Hi I'm splitting this chapter into 2 parts bc it's so damn long but enjoy!!!!!!!!