3.1

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE!!!!!!
Hi, a quick note before I start this chapter!! I'll be finishing this book at chapter 35, which means only 4 left after this one. I'll hopefully be able to write a sequel or at least a short story, about 5-10 chapters, detailing what happens after this story ends!
Thank you for reading!!!
——————————————————
After a long drive back, we're finally crossing the border and will be back in Canada within minutes. I've felt sick the whole trip up still, but I keep telling Tyler I'm fine. He is skeptical  about believing me and I can tell even though he hasn't said anything about it.

"Did you wanna stop on the other side for food and to let the dogs out?" I turn my head to look at Tyler and he's already looking at me as we wait in the line to talk to the border security.

"Yeah, that would be good. She's pretty tired still but once we mention food she'll get up no problem." I motion into the backseat at Sophia, who's been passed out for the last three hours.

"Sounds good," He leans over to kiss me and I smile before leaning over the centre console of the car and pressing my lips to his, "you're still feeling okay though H?"

"Ty you asked me like 20 minutes ago, I'm fine."

"I know, I know I just worry about you. And you honestly haven't looked well since we left the house. I really wish you'd go to the doctor once we're settled in Toronto." I roll my eyes and let out a sigh.

"Will it put you at ease if I do?"

"Yes, yes it will."

"Fine, I'll go then." Tyler leans over and kisses my cheek before he slowly drives the car up to speak to the woman working in the booth.

"Hi there, reason for crossing?"

"Going to Toronto for the summer."

"For work or you live there?"

"I own a condo there, live in Dallas most of the year for work." The woman's name tag reads Beth, she's scanning over our passports as she talks to Tyler.

"What do you do for work Mr. Seguin?"

"I play professional hockey, for the Dallas Stars."

"And you ma'am?" Beth turns her attention to me and I lean closer so I don't wake Sophia.

"I'm a trainer for the Dallas Stars."

"Very nice, who's little girl?"

"Ours." Tyler answers as she looks over Sophia's passport. I look in the back to see Sophia is awake and listening to what's happening.

"Can you roll down her window please?" Tyler rolls down her window and Sophia leans out of it, "Hi Sophia, how're you?"

"Good, you?"

"Good thank you, Sophia do you know these people?"

"Yeah, that's my mom and dad."

"Okay good." Beth turns back to me and Tyler and asks us if we have anything to declare and then let's us through.

We decide to stop at McDonald's because there's a patch of grass next to it that we can let the dogs out on and Sophia insists on eating outside. I only order a small fry and have water because my stomach is a little rough still. I slowly chew on my fries as I watch Sophia run around with the dogs.

"Harley?" Tyler hardly ever calls me by my full name, it's always H or some pet name, I turn to look at him.

"Tyler?" I raise my eyebrows at him, he looks serious and I'm wondering what he's thinking about.

"I've been thinking a lot lately and really it's mostly your decision but I just wanted you to know how I'm feeling."

"Anything we decide on is a shared decision Ty, you know that. But what's up?"

"It's dumb but I just feel bad that I missed so much I'm Sophia's life and I'm sad that I let myself miss it. It was unfair to her and you and I know it was your choice to do what you did to protect me and my career but now there's no need. H, I want to try for another baby." I stare at Tyler for a few seconds and suddenly I'm crying.

"Oh babe, that's the cutest thing. I love you so much." I lean over and kiss him quickly.

"Is that a yes?" He pulls away from me, trying to read my face and he looks confused.

"You know you don't have to give me this big speech you could've just asked one night and it would happen."

"Of course you're way too chill for this big dramatic shit." He laughs a little and leans over to kiss me again.

"But seriously Tyler, I would love to try for another baby. I've wanted another for years but obviously didn't have anyone, but now it's perfect because I have you."

"Mom! Dad!" Sophia comes running back over to the table we're sitting on, the dogs chasing her.

"Yes?" I ask once she stops in front of us.

"I don't need anything, I just wanna go home now. I'm tired." I laugh and shake my head at her before standing up.

"Sure, Ty can get the dogs into the car while we go pee Soph and then we can go." I hold out my hand for her to take so we can walk back into the restaurant to use the bathroom.

"Mom?"

"Yeah?"

"I googled why you're sick a lot. Wanna know what I found out?"

"Sure baby, what did you find?"

"You're either having another baby or you're dying. That's what google says."

"Oh man, that's pretty serious. Which one do you think it is?" We're in the bathroom now and in the wheelchair stall together, Sophia looks at me before she sits on the toilet.

"I think it's the baby, mostly because I want a little sister."

"Hmm well we'll see how that plays out in the next few months then."

"Okay!"

We finish up in the bathroom and then make our way back to the car, from where we are it's about a solid 5 hours back home and it's only 1:30pm so we'll be home in pretty good time if there's no traffic. Sophia falls asleep almost instantly as we start driving.

"So Sophia told me she googled why I'm sick and there was only two possible answers."

"What were they?" Tyler looks over at me for a couple seconds before turning his attention back to the road.

"I'm either dying or having a baby. She would prefer the baby, she told me she wants a baby sister."

"And what did you say?"

"I said we'll see what happens."

"We'll have to start trying after you go to the doctors then when we're home." Tyler winks at me and I giggle.

"Sure thing babe."

"I can't wait to grow a big family with you Harley."

"Me too Ty, me too." I lean over and kiss his cheek and he smiles at me.

I still can't believe I'm in love with my best friend.