0.7

I walk into the apartment after a long day at school and work and am greeted by way a too cold temperature. I sigh and try to flip the lights on, none of them turn on. I throw my bag onto the floor and head into my room. I gather up some clothes and bathroom essentials and dial my mom's cell.

"Hi darling, how're you?" She answers in a happy voice and I sigh loudly.

"Powers off, again. Can I come stay the night until I figure the money out?"

"Of course you can Harley. I'll make up the bed and have a hot chocolate waiting for you when you get here."

"Thanks mom, see you soon." She says good bye and I hang up before grabbing my bags and heading out to my car.

My phone rings as I drive and I'm not surprised when "Tyler Seguin" flashes on the screen. I hit answer and put it on speaker, concentrating on the road.

"What Tyler?"

"Is your power off?"

"Yes." I roll my eyes and sigh loudly, he always seems to know when it's been shut off.

"How much do you need H? I'll pay it tonight and talk to the company about taking the money straight from my account instead of you paying and then you can just focus on paying-"

"I don't need any money Tyler. I'll just pick up a couple more shifts at work and have Soph stay at my parents until I can get it back on."

"Where are you staying?"

"My parents' tonight but I have to go back tomorrow because I have class at 8am that day and the day after."

"H, just let me pay the bill. Sophia needs to be at home and she's smart enough to know there's something up if she's at your parents for so long."

"I know she is Ty. But I can't do let you pay for us to live all the time. It's just not who I am or want to be and you know that, I can't just live off of you."

"Well I mean if you were here-"

"Stop it Tyler."

"Sorry, I was just saying."

"I know you're just saying Ty, but you know I can't do that."

"I know, it's fine." I sigh loudly and can hear some people talking in the background, "look H I gotta go to practice now okay?"

"It's all good. We'll talk later then."

"Yeah, love you. Bye."

"Mhmm bye Ty, you too." I hang up and continue driving through the city to my parents house.

I mentally do the math to see how many shifts I would have to pick up to get ahead on some bills. I sigh when I realize there's not enough hours in the day for me to do so while still at school.

I pull into my old neighbourhood and I wish I didn't have so many complicating things going on in my life right now. I park in my parent's drive way and turn off my car, I lean against the top of the steering wheel and take some deep breaths before getting out. I gather my bags and head to the front door.

"Mom?" I call as I open the door and she comes around the corner from the kitchen.

"Oh honey." She rushes over and pulls me into a tight hug and I sigh as I hug her back.

"Mom I'm fine."

"No you're not, come on I have hot chocolate for you." I follow her to the kitchen and sit at the table as she grabs mugs for us and pours hot chocolate.

"Tyler called while I was driving, offered to pay the bill, again." I sigh and take the mug fro her outstretched hand, "thanks."

"I know you're so independent honey, but why won't you just let him help you just this once?"

"I can't, he does so much and pays way more child support than he has to. Sends me money for textbooks and for clothes and food and so much for Sophia. I love that he wants to help and still be there but I feel like I'm going to take half his salary pretty soon with all my problems."

"Harley, you know he doesn't care what he has to do he wants to help you. He sends you all that money because he loves you so much and wants you and Sophia to be okay."

"I know mom, we'll be better soon tho. I'm almost done school and can pick up more shifts at work until I get a real job. It's only a couple more months and we'll be better off."

"I know it'll get better Harley, but it doesn't hurt to let Tyler help you every now and then. What does he have to spend his money on other than essentials in Boston and you and Sophia?"

"I could list a few things." I mumble and my mom rolls her eyes at me.

"He cares about you and that's why he wants you to be happy and have the things you need. He's not doing it to try to win you over he just really loves you."

"I know mom, it's just hard."

"You're gonna have to figure it out soon then." She stands from the table and mumbles something about heading to bed and gives me a kiss on the cheek before leaving the room.

I pull out my phone and open the contacts app, I hover my finger over the call button as I weigh my options of what I should do.

The phone rings as I press it to my ear and I think about hanging up just as a voice comes over the line.

"Hello?"

"Hi, uhm its Harley. Tyler's Harley?"

"Oh hey, yeah how're you?"

"Good, you?"

"Can't complain, so what's up?"

"I think I'm gonna take you up on that offer, if that's okay."

"That would be great! I'll set everything up tomorrow and I'll text you all the details okay?"

"Yeah, sounds great, thank you."

"No problem, talk to you later then?"

"Yeah, see ya."

I set my phone onto the table and finish drinking my hot chocolate before I head up to bed, Sophia sleeps in my old room and when I get up there she's fast asleep in my old bed, I gently move her over and crawl into bed next to her. She stirs slightly and moves closer to me to cuddle up to my body. I kiss her head and close my eyes, hoping to get a good nights sleep tonight for once.

(A/N) sorry this is so late and I suck at updating but school and work and everything in general is kicking my ass rn.... I will try to get better tho and hopefully finish the next few chapters and find a set day to post going forward!!! Hope you all enjoyed!!!!