1.8

My phone ringing wakes me from my sleep, which wasn't too good to begin with. I feel around my night stand for it and look to see who's calling, it's my assistant trainer Jason.

"What's up?"

"Can you come to the rink as soon as you can?"

"What now?"

"Well there was an early gym session this morning and Jamie, Patrick, Cody, Jason, Jordie-"

"If you're going to keep listing names and of guys who went too hard and pulled something please just stop. Give me 30 minutes and I'll be there."

"Sweet, see you soon." I hang up and force myself to get out of bed, I quickly take a shower and throw my hair into a bun. I put on a pair of shorts and a tank top with a Dallas Stars wind breaker over top. I walk into Sophia's room to see her already awake and dressed.

"Perfect you're all ready." I say and she looks up at me from her spot on the floor.

"Why?"

"We have to go to the rink, I have a lot of work to do today."

"Okay."

"We'll get breakfast on the way because we have to leave now so please brush your teeth and get socks and shoes."

"Okay, am I allowed to skate today?"

"We'll see, maybe someone can take you on the ice but Jamie is hurting from his work out this morning. So he won't be able to go on the ice with you."

"Okay mommy." She is putting her toys away as I run downstairs to make sure my bag is packed and ready. I had brought it in last night to go over Tyler's injury report again just to make sure I had most of it memorized seeing as he's coming today. He might have even been at the early session this morning.

I'm in the kitchen making myself a tea when Sophia comes down, she has a small bag of things to do at the rink today.

"Do you have homework in there?"

"Yeah, I had a math work sheet. I have to give it to Ms. Black tomorrow, Jamie said he would help me if you're too busy."

"Okay, good." I grab my bag off the counter along with my keys and slip on my pair of all black Nike sneakers before heading out the door ahead of Sophia. I lock the front door as Sophia makes her way to the car, she puts her backpack in the trunk and I throw my bag in after hers.

"We're gonna get you some food on the way or you can eat at the rink. I have some stuff in my office you can eat."

"I'll just eat there."

We drive in silence the whole way there, which takes a bit longer because of some traffic. Sophia gets out of the car before me and grabs her school bag, equipment and stick from the trunk and makes her way to my office ahead of me.

Jason greets me as I walk into the building and I shake my head at him.

"How may?"

"Ten for pulls and strains and five just want a quick adjustment before practice later."

"Can you do the adjustements then and I'll work on the others and if you finish before me you can take Cody and Jason."

"Yeah sure, sounds good." He starts to head off but turns around, "And uh Seguin was in your office. He's been waiting for you since after the workout."

"Awesome, thanks." I head towards my office, with my head down and looking at my phone. I can hear his voice as I get closer, Sophia has been talking to Tyler already.

I stand outside of my office for a few minutes before I can even build up the courage to go in and say hi to him. I send a quick text to Jamie.

*wish me luck, Ty is in my office waiting for me*

*you'll be okay, don't worry! Just hurry bc my legs are killing me*

*Oh stop whining, come down in 10 minutes*

*will do boss lady* I shake my head at his attempt to be funny and take a deep breathe before I round the corner into my office.

"Harley!" Tyler gets up and makes his way over to me, before I can even react he has me in a tight hug.

"Hi Ty." I let my bag drop to the floor and hug him back. He's definetly gotten more muscular since I saw him last and I swear he's taller too.

"I've missed you so much."

"Same." I mumble into his shoulder, I pull out of the hug and take a step back to look at him.

"How've you been, good?" He asks and I nod, "Good, you like it here?"

"Yeah it's great. The boys are all really good with Sophia and Jamie helps out a lot."

"I'm glad, she needs someone constant in her life like that. Jamie is a good guy too."

"Yeah. How's everything, you're okay and settled in?"

"For the most part yeah, got a pretty nice apartment thats close by and I like it a lot."

"Good, good."

"Harley, you ready for me? My legs are about to give out!" Jamie shouts from the hallway before coming around the corner. Sophia runs over and gives him and hug and I look to Tyler to see him watching them talk with a sad expression.

I reach over and rub his arm and give him a small smile, which he returns before walking out of the room. Jamie looks over at him as he leaves and then back at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Alright Sophia, why don't you go sit at my desk and work on that math sheet." I say and she nods before going into the small room and closing the door. My office is split into two rooms, and it's a good thing because Sophia is in my office so much I don't need her seeing anything she shouldn't.

"How was that?" Jamie asks as he lays down on his back on the massage table.

"Awkward, but fine." I start to feel around his legs to locate the exact problem, and concentrate on that as Jamie talks.

"He was earlier than me to training this morning, he introduced himself to every guy even though we obviously know him and was really nice. He worked really hard too and even stayed a little bit after we were done."

"He's always done that."

"Yeah, I figured." Jamie says and then winces as I push down on his hamstring on his left leg.

"Same one again." I mumble as I begin to massage and try to stretch out the muscle a little bit.

"Figured, it's been bugging me a lot lately."

"Well you need to take it easy for a few days. I'm gonna put you on no contact for practice today and then see how you're doing tomorrow before and after training in the afternoon. And no intense legs, no running or squats or anything that'll strain it more." I say as I rub some Icy Hot onto his leg, he hates when I do this but I do it so he remembers to take it easy and everyone else does too.

"Yes ma'am."

"Thanks, send your brother in and Soph said you'd help her with her math if you could?"

"Yeah, I promised her I would help and then go on the ice with her."

"No going on the ice for you, but you can watch her from the bench."

"Fine." Jamie walks off to find his brother and they both come back, Jamie heads into my office to help Sophia.

Jordie hops up onto the massage table and starts telling me about what happened at trainging and how he hurt himself. I have a feeling it's going to be a long day for me.