2.2

(A/N) Thank you for bearing with me as my updating skills aren't doing the best and I've been slacking so bad on even writing anything.... I'm going to try to get back on track again and hopefully get this book finished up in the next few chapters, I'm trying to stick to about 30 chapters and then start a part 2 after that.... More like a continuation rather than a sequel but I'm not 100% sure on that yet....

Again thank you so much for sticking with me and my story!! I hope y'all enjoyed last chapter and like this one as well! :)

-------------------------------------------------------

Jamie's POV

On my way to go talk to Harley, I run into Tyler in the hallway. He looks a lot happier lately and seems to be getting back on track, which I'm grateful for.

"Hey Jamie!" He smiles as he greets me and stops walking.

"Hey man, how's it going?"

"Good, yeah I've been feeling a lot better lately. How about you?"

"Yeah no I'm good. That's great that you're feeling better man, seemed like for a while you weren't even with us, you know?"

"I know, I know but it's all good."

"Well that's great, I'm happy to hear that."

"Thanks Jamie, are you headed to see H now?"

"Yeah I am, we haven't spent a lot of time together recently so I think she just wants to catch up and talk."

"That's probably my fault, she's been really focussed on me lately. Sorry 'bout that."

"No, no don't be it's all good. It's good that you guys spend time together, especially with Sophia growing up I think it's probably time someone told her or seriously thought about it. But that's just my take and Harley is back on being against telling people because you're playing here now."

"I mean honestly I'm always going to do whatever she wants when it comes to Sophia because she's always called the shots so I'm just kinda waiting it out."

"Yeah, probably the best decision." I chuckle and pat Tyler on the shoulder before taking a step forward to continue to Harley's office.

"Alright, well I'll see you later then?"

"For sure, see ya." I turn and walk away as Tyler continues down the hallway in the opposite direction. While I want both Tyler and obviously Harley to be happy I can't help but think that things could be different and should be different.

-------------------------------------------------------

Harley's POV

Waiting for Jamie I replay the conversation I had with Jordie in my head and I can't help but to think that maybe I don't have the right amount of feelings or love for Ty and that everything could just end up getting worse for him. But at the same time I know that I still have feelings for him and that I always have, no matter how much I hated to admit it to even myself let aloe anyone else. And I know Jamie doesn't want to hear about it but I feel like if I talked to him about it, I would get a good response and he would actually help me.

"Hey." Jamie walks into my office and sits down in the chair.

"Hey, how's it going?"

"All's good, what about you?"

"Yeah, everything is good. Tyler is getting back on track and Sophia is happy to have him around as much as he has been."

"What about you though Harley?"

"I'm fine it's just confusing if I'm honest." Jamie leans forward in his chair a little bit and raises an eyebrow at me.

"What is?"

"Everything, Jamie. Just everything is different and weird and I'm not sure how to feel about anything and everything. I'm questioning everything I thought before."

"Well what did you think before?" Jamie stands and shuts my office door and instead of sitting back in the chair he sits down on my desk in front of me.

"I thought I had everything figured out, that I'd be able to keep Tyler from Sophia while we lived here. I would be able to give her more and she would be happier and have the best life with lots of friends and good people surrounding her here. That I would be able to get my shit together and start thinking about myself and maybe start dating again, I don't know. I thought I could do it and then Tyler shows up, out of no where and all of a sudden my world is upside down."

"Hey, hey you're still doing a great job. Sophia is happy and loves it here and she has plenty of friends at school and she hangs around us and we love her like she was our own kid. You can still think about yourself and date and do whatever you want. Not everything has to revolve around other people and that's your biggest problem."

"How am I supposed to think about myself when I have Sophia and an entire hockey team to worry about? It's just too much on my plate right now, especially with Tyler."

"The entire team can take some of that worry about Sophia off of you. Like tonight for example, Tyler said he wants to take you out so Jordie and I are taking Soph for you. You can do that whenever you'd like and you know it. We'll always be there for you and her so don't even hesitate to ask for help or anything."

"I know you guys will literally do anything for Sophia and I appreciate you guys so much, you have no idea. I just have no idea how I'm supposed to deal with everything and keep it up that no one knows Sophia is Tyler's daughter."

"I know you wanna keep all of that a secret and not have anyone know but I think you should reconsider that decision at some point." Jamie raises his eyebrow at me, waiting for me to argue back.

"I honestly don't know. I know it hurts him that he can't be her dad, more like a friend to his own daughter but I just can't let it get in the way of his career. It's not something she brings up anymore, she doesn't seem to care who her dad is and right now it's still a novelty that Ty is pending so much time at our house and you're always around too. If she starts asking more questions as she gets older then I'll consider it and you know I will."

"Don't forget about your own feelings in all of this too, that's something you always forget Harley. You put Sophia, the team and Tyler before yourself every time without fail and you need to start putting yourself first."

"I know, I know. I'm trying Jamie."

"You have to decide what you really want." Jamie stands and I think he's going to leave but he walks around my desk and wraps me in a hug.

"I have no idea what I want Jamie." I pull back to look at him and before I know it his lips are on mine and I'm pulling him closer.

"What the fuck?"  I pull back quickly and turn to the voice in the doorway.

"Tyler, I can-"

"Fuck you." I don't know who the statement is directed at, probably me more than Jamie but Tyler turns and storms off down the hall before either of us can say anything.

"This never happened." I say to Jamie and take off to find Tyler.