Ch. 5 - "I'll Be the Bad Guy Now. But, No, I Ain't Too Proud."

Recap: After eight takes, (F/N) finally joins Toji Fushiguro on his mission to kill Amanai and the sorcerers. However, anxiety and uncertainty soon clouds her brain. Despite her moral compass telling her otherwise, she continues to stick with Toji until the day arrives. Planning to deal the final blow to Gojo, the moment comes when Toji catches Gojo lacking one last time.

Quote: Circles by Post Malone.
______________________________________________

Deep, low ringing and my racing heartbeat is all I hear the moment Gojo hesitates and changes course. Toji appearing right behind him the moment he did.

As soon as Gojo turns around to face us, the Inverted Spear of Heaven breaks through his barrier and stabs him in the throat, blood splattering everywhere.

Toji drags the blade down Gojo's body with a vile grin, then stabs Gojo's right thigh four times. The amount of blood rushing out of his body was horrific.

Gojo, trying to fight back, sends a blast towards us, however, Toji dodges immediately. Then, I feel Toji's grip on me tightening as he gets low to trip Gojo with a low sweep kick.

"Sorry."

Toji raises the arm he holds me in, stabbing Gojo's head and slamming his body to the ground, small pebbles and rocks flying in the air from the force.

Toji, looking down at Gojo, releases a breath before getting up slowly.

"Why'd you apologize, (F/N)?"

"No reason. Anyways, the Inverted Spear of Heaven?"

I tried brushing him off so that he could explain the weapon, as he did originally.

"It's a special grade cursed tool. Its effect is the forced release of any cursed technique."

"So basically, it nullifies jujutsu?"

"Precisely. I think," he flicks his wrist, which throws the blood off of my weapon form, "I'm getting my edge back now."

The smile on his face would've been nice if he wasn't standing over, what is supposed to be, the dead body of Gojo Satoru.

I couldn't bring myself to feel anything as my reflection showed on the knife.

"That's great. Let's keep moving, the other sorcerer's and Amanai Riko must've left a trail."

"Are you telling me how to do my job?" He raised an eyebrow as he started heading towards our next stop.

Panic sets in me for a second, "nono- I'm just- I'm anticipating the next fight. The adrenaline firsthand is almost addicting." The last sentence comes out in a mumble as a glint appears in my eyes, lost in thought.

A smile makes its way back to his face, "good, because this time, you'll be the one hitting first."

"What?"

"You're taking this better than I thought. If what you say about your technique is true, they won't know what hit 'em."

The grin that appears on his face makes me feel concerned.

______________________________________________

A troubled look makes its way to my face, this time not visible through reflection in my new form.

A gun. It was weird being a weapon in general. As a gun, it felt like every part of me was being gripped, yet only one part was being gripped. Same with a knife. It felt like I had eyes all around, yet technically I only have eyes one way.

Not only that, my healing activated long ago. I can't tell if the effect hit him or not, but for some reason, I have total awareness of any wounds on his body as long as I'm in contact. I need to talk to Genie about this.