Ch. 8- "Funny How You Said it Was the End."

Recap: Turns out that (F/N) can transport people other than herself outside of Jujutsu Kaisen. However, she cannot seem to contact Genie and she seems to have lost all of her belongings. After a few rough moments later, she finally has an idea on how to get her items back. Her plan, though, had a few holes due to their lack of information. Toji revealed his intentions, and after bleeding information from her, (F/N) finally makes up her mind to go through with it. (F/N) goes back to correct her mistakes, making sure that Toji doesn't remember. After recovering her items, she runs into an awakened Gojo and dead Toji.

Quote: INDUSTRY BABY by Lil Nas X, Jack Harlow.

______________________________________________

I enter my apartment with bags of food in my hand, Genie following after me. In the end, I rewrote the wish, but excluded the telepathy so Genie could freely fly around me. It was a lot more comforting than not knowing where Genie was, and only hearing Genie talk in my head. After experiencing it, I figured I didn't like having someone know what I was thinking.

I put the refrigerated food where it belonged, leaving the rest on the small counter before making my way to the guest room, phone in hand. I check my phone, currently it is 2:37.

I opened the door.

"Huh?!" I dropped my phone on the ground, opening every door in the apartment, panicked.

'My room?' I slam the door open. Empty.

'The porch?' I kick the door open. Just flies and plant pots.

'Bathroom?' I slam the door open, except this time it hits something hard. It groaned in pain.

"Who's there? Where is-"

"It's me."

My eyes widen as I heard shuffling, the door opening now that there's space.

He stood there with an irritated look on his face.

I felt my eyes shine, watery as a relieved smile makes its way to my face.

"Welcome back, Toji."

______________________________________________

Toji slumped on the seat of the counter, elbow resting against the table as his hand held his face.

I figured he was hungry and he couldn't cook for shit, so ended up standing by the stove, making a dish I was familiar with at my real home.

Chicken marsala.

"How am I alive?"

"That's a heavy question," I sighed. "I wouldn't know how to explain."

I watched the marsala wine cook in the pan, spacing out as I remembered.
_______

I struggled with the weight of Toji's dead body leaning against me, slowly losing warmth. I was healing the big hole in his body, restoring all that was lost. The curse that was once his left to go find someone else. That someone being Geto Suguru.

"It should take three to eight hours before the body stiffens, so I have to hurry. Genie?"

"Yep, all ready."

I made sure to pull up the movie, skipping some of the beginning. I stopped at 1:33, memorizing the scenery.

I closed my eyes.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

When I opened them once again, Yuta Okkotsu was curled up in a ball against the wall in front of me, eyes closed as he continued muttering apologies. Not wanting to alert him, I snuck out of the room as quietly as possible, trying to keep the blood trail at a minimum. It was inevitable though.