Ch. 7 -"I Try to Rewind, I Get Reminded That Time Don't Wait for Nobody."

Recap: Toji and (F/N) recovered Riko's body and took it to the headquarters to confirm the completion of his assignment. Despite her troubles, she couldn't bring herself to hold any ill feelings towards Toji and his mediator, Kong. When they face off Gojo, (F/N) feels her life flash before her eyes as she tries to save Toji. Right before they get hit by purple, finally, she is able to travel back to the comfort of her home. However, it appears she brought Toji along.

Quote: Staring at the Sun by Post Malone, SZA.

______________________________________________

Twenty minutes have passed since the incident. I realized that it was around the middle of the night when we arrived. We didn't bring up what happened, and what was left of the broken chain was put back into his curse.

I was spinning slowly in my desk chair, lost in thought as my feet controlled my speed. Toji sat on my bed looking at the floor, I'm assuming he's still recovering from the shock. I was still collecting my thoughts, too.

I felt my chair adruptly stop spinning, being dragged towards the bed while facing the opposite way. Toji forcefully spun the chair so I could face him. He swallowed his cursed spirit long ago, so it was no longer there.

He looked me dead in my eyes as he trapped me in the chair by blocking all other exits, no expression.

"Let's talk."

"What is there to talk about?"

"How did we escape? Where are we? And, how do we get back?"

I stood silent for a moment, a troubled look on my face immediately becoming visible.

"We are in my house. I wouldn't know where or how to start explaining the other two, though."

"Then find out how."

I scoffed. "It's a little hard when I don't have the shit I need." It's not like I could rewind now. 'I have to tread carefully.'

"Then get it."

"Then let me out."

He grumbled in annoyance as he pushed the chair back to give me space. I stood up, looking around my room. I felt my heart race a little as I continued looking around, brows furrowing in irritation.

'Desk? Nothing. Drawers? Nothing. On top of the shelves? Nothing. Under the bed?'

I shoved Toji's leg out of the way as I bent down to look. 'Absolutely nothing.'

"Looking for something?"

"Yeah, I can't seem to find my bag." I groaned as I got up, putting my hands on my hips.

"Oh, that thing you always carried with you? What's in it?"

"The proof."

He hummed in responce, looking away from me.

"Why are you making that face?"

He had that same cartoonish look he had when he remembered Megumi. He turned away from me further, "what face?"

"That face. What did you do?"

"I just so happen to remember that I left it with Kong."

My eye twitched with annoyance. In a flash, I was behind him, putting him in a headlock as my legs wrapped around his torso. The headlock wasn't tight enough to literally choke him, but it was enough to annoy him.

"You fucking idiot! This is why I can't trust you for shit."

Toji stood up, making me almost hit the ceiling due to his stature. "Brat, it's not like he's looking through it, he knows it's yours. 'Sides, it was to keep your stupid shit safe so you wouldn't complain later." He held back his strength as he tried to unravel my limbs from his body.