Ch. 13 - "この愛が例え呪いのように"

Recap: After the mission with Inumaki and Yuta, Gojo went to investigate the scene aftermath after the two boys left. (F/N) was the only one who didn't report her side of the story, and instead revealed to Gojo that Geto Suguru was active in the shopping district. Not long after, as per the movie, Geto intrudes Jujutsu High from the sky to declare war on December 24th.

Quote: Sakayume by King Gnu.

______________________________________________

I was in a meeting with other staff and sorcerers, including the Yaga, Gojo, Shoko, Nanami, Mei Mei, and etcetera. Ijichi was providing information to those who aren't familiar with Geto.

We were rapidly nearing the day Geto Suguru and all his associates would engage the Night Parade of a Hundred Demons in Shinjuku and Kyoto. Majority of the staff in Tokyo and Kyoto would cover their areas respectively, with the help of the clans.

I spoke up to object before anyone could leave, "I would like to stay with the two students being left in the school."

"No. We need all the sorcerers we can get to protect unevacuated citizens and stop Geto." Yaga rejected my idea without a second thought.

I clenched my fists, "That is exactly my point. If there's the off chance that he directly attacks the students and nobody is there to stop him, I will hold you and everyone involved accountable. These students are the future of jujutsu, the death of them will be the death of jujutsu."

Yaga stood silent at my words, so I continued.

"There are plenty of willing, capable sorcerers you can bring out to the city, but I recommend you leave a special grade sorcerer as last defense if anything goes wry."

Yaga stared at me, in thought as he processed my words.

He sighs, "very well then. (L/N) (F/N) will be protecting Okkotsu Yuta and Zen'in Maki if Geto targets the school. Other than that, every other sorcerer will focus on evacuating the citizens before sunset and engage in the Night Parade of a Hundred Demons."

With that, everyone was dismissed from the meeting. The sorcerers in the room slowly made their way out.

'Yes! Geto doesn't care much about the rest of the parade going on in the first place. He wants Rika. Now, I can at least protect the others from harm.'

As I followed along, I felt Gojo grab my arm and firmly drag me to a corner of the room, blocking me from walking off.

"You seem very certain that Suguru will attack the students."

"That's because I am. You mentioned how Geto wouldn't start a war that he could lose. Same logic. However, that doesn't mean the Night Parade of a Hundred Demons will not happen."

Gojo didn't seem very happy at my answer, his fists clenching next to my head as he stared me down.

"Don't worry about it, Gojo. Yuta will take care of it. Continue as if you don't know. Just send Inumaki and Panda to Jujutsu High after Ijichi informs you of Yuta's origins."

______________________________________________

December 24, 2017. 9:15 AM.

'I overslept.' I groaned, stretching before I got up from my bed. The sun gleamed into my room, making it bright.

I got out of my room and headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth, despite being drowsy. After all was said and done, I headed back into my room to change. The apartment was quiet, peaceful as the sun set a comfortable atmosphere.

'That couch is really tempting.'

I walked into my room and closed the door behind me. I got into my tight battle uniform and stared at the mirror with a concentrated expression. 'Today is the day Geto Suguru dies because of his pride.' I sigh as I fix any parts that got wrinkled or folded weirdly, then proceeded to fix my hair.