Ch. 12 - "You Know, Baby, You Don't Get a Free Pass."

Recap: (F/N) is unsure how she managed to join Inumaki and Yuta's mission, but she isn't complaining. It took her a second, but she realized it was a perfect chance to interact with Geto Suguru himself. At first Geto thought she was a non-sorcerer, but was shown otherwise by her technique. After talking, (F/N) is not as concerned about getting Toji's curse back.

Quote: No Option by Post Malone.

Next chapter is going to be big.

______________________________________________

Nitta stood next to Gojo, spilling facts about residuals. "I scoured every inch of the shopping district, and I found three different types of residuals. Even Ijichi said we weren't likely to find any more than that."

"Okay, got it. Thanks."

I stood behind Nitta, still in my battle uniform. Now that I'm seeing Nitta up close for once, she's a lot cuter than behind a screen.

She saluted to Gojo, "you bet!" I smiled at her response.

"Nitta, I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Aw, you flatter me!" She scratched the back of her head, smiling sheepishly as she watched me go to follow Gojo into the shopping district. It was surrounded by yellow tape and police guarding the entrance.

The policeman lifted the tape, allowing us entry. I held myself from speaking until me and Gojo were looking at the ledge Geto was on. I was also there, however, I don't leave energy residuals due to my lack of energy.

"Gojo, I must admit something."

"Yes?"

"I spoke to Geto Suguru during the mission."

I saw Gojo's hands twitch as I said that, lifting my gaze to his face as he turned to me.

"Did you report that?"

"No. I wanted to specifically speak to you about that."

He hummed and I took that as a sign to continue.

"Geto found out that I am a special grade sorcerer. Before, however, he showed disgust because he mistook me for a non-sorcerer." Gojo scoffed at that, shaking his head. I couldn't tell if he did it in disbelief or disappointment. "After finding out I was a sorcerer, he asked me to join him on his mission to kill all non-sorcerers. Even though I refused, he did not show any hostility."

Gojo looked at me in silence for a moment, no traces of emotion in his face. "Hm. That's it?"

"And..." I was hesitant to continue.

I looked back up at the platform between the two walls, "he plans on meeting us soon. Very soon."

______________________________________________

I walked with Maki, Panda, Inumaki, and Yuta. I followed behind them, not knowing what to do because of my vague job. I'm literally an advisor. All I do is give them advice when they need it and make sure they succeed, no matter their goal.

"What's the matter, Yuta?" Panda was turned to Yuta, who was looking off into the sky. This caused everyone else to turn and face Yuta.

"Uh, well... I just had a bad premonition."

Maki just continued walking, "You're imagining things."

"Yep, imagining things." Panda followed Maki.

"Okaka." Then Inumaki followed Panda and Maki.

"Eh?! Guys, wait..."

"Guys, be nicer. For all you know, he could be right." I followed Yuta, standing next to him while the other three were in front of us.