Ch. 17 - "When it Gets Dark Outside, in You, I Confide."

Quote: Hide by Juice WRLD, Seezyn.

Omg I'm reaching the 4k mark so fast 😭
I HIT #1 ON JJK ❤😭
Another edit bc I don't want to post the next chapter, but we hit the special number 4.44k!! ❤❤

______________________________________________

I sighed as I stared outside the window in a classroom, sitting on a desk with my arms crossed. I was still unsure whether I should wait out or go straight into season one.

'I'm having a case of FOMO. I don't want to just go because I'm worried I'll miss something important. Yet at the same time, I'm anticipating the next event.'

A few weeks have passed already, it was already the middle of January. I've expanded on my healing capabilities by learning more from Shoko during that time.

Seems that ever since the higher ups learned about this, I've been put on doctor duty more than anything. I rarely get any missions regarding curses unless there are no other sorcerers available.

'Maybe I'll get advice from the others. But who? Nanami? Wait- I know who.'

I took my phone out to dial a number in, bringing the phone to my ear and waiting for the person to answer.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Hey ma, I need advice."

"Oh? On what?"

"It's nothing career or school related. So," I sighed, "I'm given this option to skip something, but I'm too scared of missing out on something important if I do skip. What should I do?"

"I say," she paused for a brief moment, "you wait it out."

"Really?"

"Yeah. You have all the time in the world and you're still young. Why would you skip the experience to grow up faster? Trust me, you don't."

I laughed to myself quietly, fiddling with my uniform, "thanks ma, I needed that. I know what to do now."

"No problem, just know you can always count on me, no matter the issue."

"Yeah, I know," I whispered.

"Anyways, see you."

"I'll see you too, then."

I hung up, looking at the screen with a blank look. It has been awhile since I saw Genie, now that I'm thinking about it. I can't seem to remember the last time I saw Genie, or even spoke to Genie for that matter.

'Whatever, Genie will come back to me when it needs me.'

I stood up properly, making my way outside the classroom. It was the middle of the day, and the students should be training about now. I ventured the halls, walking a decently fast pace.

I saw the open door down the hall and looked outside.

Yeah.

They were training.

I took my phone camera out, hitting record as I watched them with fondness.

"Yuta! Get back here!"

I saw Maki chasing Yuta, sending a snowball directly at him. It his his head, causing him to flinch and falter for a second. Then, another snowball hit Maki square on the face.

I heard Yuta's laughter from here, watching Inumaki run from Maki this time while preparing another snowball. I sat down at the entrance of the door, enjoying the scene.

I felt someone behind me, so I turned to look, "Panda? Why aren't you with them?"

Panda sat down next to me, showing the tray, multiple cups of hot chocolate covered it. "Want some?"