Ch. 24 - "I See You Watching, Fiending."

Quote: AMERICA HAS A PROBLEM by Beyoncé, Kendrick Lamar.

We got past the 15k, 20k, 25k, and the 30k mark!! (That was crazy omg) And we hit 1.5k votes!! 😌❤❤

I got busy but I'll work hard on making the chapters (somewhat) worth it! I was originally gonna get this over with in one chapter so we could get back into the main plot, but I'm splitting it to make it easier for me due to my schedule now 😭

Please join the disc I made so we can connect or I'll be your paralysis demon at night 😌

______________________________________________

I shoved Toji's hand off my leg, trying to brush off the fluttery feeling in my stomach. I kept my eyes on the person he specified as my target, Okabe. Toji just huffed, getting up after mumbling something. The lights were still dim, the soft light resting on our features well.

Okabe finished his speech a few moments ago and sat down at the lounge with a bunch of women not far off from the dining area. The men, specifically four, that surrounded him all sat away from him. Although they didn't sit near him, they still surrounded him. 'This means that any melee approach is off limits if I want to be sneaky. I don't want it to come to that point though. I'd rather eliminate Okabe quietly, unnoticed.'

I noticed a plate being placed on the table and a chair moving next to me, Toji sitting down on it afterwards. I glanced at him and spoke quietly, "so how should I approach him?"

"That's up to you. You can either go with what you suggested or we go by my plan," Toji shrugged, shoving food in his mouth carelessly.

This caused me to deadpan at Toji, who seemed to be having a breeze. 'What plan? He never told me what he planned. Of course. It'll be hard to lead Okabe somewhere secluded without someone noticing. He is the man of the party, after all. I should try all of my options.'

"But what about the other-"

"All handled."

"Meaning?"

"Meaning you should only worry about that rich bastard. The other men aren't and shouldn't be an issue to you because I'll handle them. Anything else?"

I shook my head silently, looking away to avoid eye contact with him. 'I seriously don't understand how they're all "handled" already. Is this a form of reassurance? Am I being tested by him? Or is he being petty? Guess I'll figure out later.'

I opened my phone, making sure that the screen was facing away from Toji as I checked my photo album. 'Seems everything up to the speech was saved,' I let out a brief sigh of relief.

I got up from the seat, "I'll get started."

"Good luck and don't fuck up. I'll join you after I finish this."

"You better. This is your job, afterall."

I held my phone in my left hand, making my way to the lounge. Specifically, the bar. It was directly past Okabe, which would be the perfect spot to get him from.

I almost bumped into two waiters as they passed by me with large trays of empty dishes, then into a sick looking person. They seriously looked like they were about to hurl. 'Probably had too many drinks.' I looked at them with concern for a moment before continuing my way to Okabe, to the bar and lounge area.

I neared him and the four women, they were all pretty drunk from what I could tell. Their faces were flushed red, and they spoke slurred to each other with rested eyes. I made eye contact with him, focusing on relaxing my body to prevent looking awkward or tense.