Chapter 3 - The Analytical Mind

Charlie: "I gotta go sign some paper work, you both should probably call your moms."

Bella: "Did you tell her? Ugh... She's probably just freaking out." Wait till I get a load of whatever Mom has in store if she finds out about this. She'd be proud of me, right? Or at least I hope she would. No- yeah, she definitely would be. Bella is safe, no one 'cept Edward saw what happened, meaning Mom and Rowan are safe as well...for now at least. It's a good thing I can also write this off as as an excuse for not attending the rest of my classes for the day. 

As Charlie leaves us to our devices, I overhear Edward's voice from across the hall. What was he doing here? I reach the wall and take a peek to see who he was talking to. He was whispering rather loudly to Carlisle and Rosalie, the one apparently matched with Emmett. 

Rosalie: "...Fifteen kids that saw what happened."

 Edward: "I thought they were going to die."

Rosalie: "This isn't just about you. It's about all of us."

Edward: "No, you don't get it. That friend of hers? I saw it."

Eavesdropping as I keep myself from being seen, Bella peeks over from the safety of the wall. I tried pulling her back, but she had seemed to garner Carlisle's attention.

Carlisle:" I think we should take this to my office." The other two look towards us. I grab Bella's arm and shake her. "Read the room!," I say in frustration. Even with my nagging, she doesn't take her eyes off from them. 

Bella: "Can I talk to you for a minute?" Carlisle takes Rosalie with him, taking a good glance at me before following  behind him. Edward slowly walks to us. 

Edward: "What?"

Y/n: "The Hell do you mean, 'What?' Don't play dumb," Crossing my arms, I already have a feeling this cookie will be tough to crack. 

Bella: "How did you get over to us so fast?" 

Edward: "I was standing right next to Y/n."

Y/n: "No? It was just the two of us by her car- we both saw you next to yours across the lot."

Edward: "No I wasn't."

Y/n: "You're really going to die on this hill, huh?"

Edward: "Y/n, you got injured. The shock got to you, not knowing which was what at that point. Bella, you uh..hit your head. I think you're both confused here."

Bella: "I know what I saw."

Edward: "And what exactly was that?"

Bella: "You...you stopped the van. You pushed it away with your hand."

Edward: "Well, nobodies going to believe you, so..."

Bella: "We weren't going to tell anybody, right Y/n?"

Y/n: "Look Edward, we just want the truth. Throw us a bone or something." 

Edward: "Can't you just thank me and get over it?" 

Bella: "Th-thank you.." 

Edward looks at me, waiting for me to give him my gratitude, but I just stare back. Talk about gaslighting. That show of strength he pulled at the parking lot was nothing I've ever seen any human do, sober or under. There was just no way in hell I was going to let this go, neither do I think Bella will, considering it involves people we're interested in. 

Edward: "You're not going to let this go, are you?"

Y/n & Bella: "No."

Edward: "Well, I hope you enjoy disappointment." He turns away and walks, most likely back to Carlisle, leaving us in the hall.