Chapter 6 - Confronting the Unknown

The old winds of the world blew their hymns between the thin branches of trees, whisking away the leaves in a swaying dance until they landed on the ground below. Before the quiet could deepen, something large whipped across the terrain, climbing to higher ground.

Amongst the trees, Y/n was able to get a better view of the land before them. With whatever could happen, staying in their Dream Weaver form is their best option. They needed to be prepared to face James head on.

In a world of endless possibilities, here I am, still standing at the crossroads of uncertainty. An uncertainty I had feared, now come to pass. I have put not just myself in danger, but to those I hold dear to me. 

Now, with everything I have on the table, I risk losing it all. But not all of it was bad. It had also brought me to Alice, who I never thought would give me the time of day. That, I do not ever regret experiencing.

I told Mom to stay put, to not come anywhere close to our house and to book a hotel room until everything was back to normal. The thing is, I doubt everything will stay to how it was before.

I hear branches snap as something climbs up the tree next to me, that being Emmett.

Emmett: "Nothing on our end. You?"

Y/n: "Nothing either.." I snarled in anger, baring my hideously sharp teeth. "Something about this doesn't seem right.."

Emmett: "What do you mean?"

Y/n: "Considering my scent to be way stronger than any Human's would, I would've expected him to ditch Bella and just come straight for me. So, why is he taking so long?"

Emmett: "James' clever and even more sadistic than we may think. It's best we wait him out in making a move before we do."

The ringtone to my phone goes off.

Like a clownfish hiding amongst the sea anemone, I had my phone stored within the stems of my tendrils attached to the back of my head. I see Alice's name flash as I pull it out, answering it in a hurry.

Y/n: "Alice? What's wrong?"

Alice: "It's Bella! She's disappeared!"

Y/n: "WHAT? Where? Where did she go?"

Alice: "I think she could've gone to her old ballet studio."

Y/n: "Her ballet studio? Why there?"

Alice: "I saw it through one of my visions. I think she might already be there! Or James-"

Without another second wasted, I drop down and speed passed the trees, breaking through them in the process. 

Y/n: "I'M COMING, BELLA!" I scream.

Out from the forest, I crash onto a lonely backroad before continuing on. Each step I took imprinted on the cracking asphalt, a flaming footprint of a creature like no other. The blowing winds were pushing me back and screeching a shattering pitch at a speed I had never once reached. 

I was fast, but before I knew it, I was beyond the meaning. The morning light around me had vanished and a sea of stars embraced my very being. It felt like I was flying, my feet and hands having left the ground.