Chapter 1 - New Moon

A/N: Bit of a lore dump for the majority of this chapter :D

Revelations have a way to sneak into our lives, unannounced and especially when we least expect them, with the possibility of changing everything we once knew. Ignorance is bliss, is how they say it. But to me, there's nothing blissful about having the truth kept hidden from you.

As you know, surprises aren't typically something I enjoy often. In fact, they're terribly awful for my health. So I was particularly taken aback during my private conversation with Carlisle.

I was sick just from processing it afterwards, vomiting all kinds of concerning colors: green blues and yellow reds. Poor Alice was there for all of it, moving my hair back and away from my face as I sat in front of their toilet, emptying my insides.

My father was killed under the wicked order of a powerful, vampiric group known as the Volturi

My father was killed under the wicked order of a powerful, vampiric group known as the Volturi. Bastards are stationed somewhere in Italy and are practical shot-callers with what goes down in their society. Three heads belonged to the body. Aro, Caius, and Marcus.

Ginger Ale is poured from its bottle, spiraling as it nearly reaches the brim of a decorated mug. Carlisle taps the bottle before handing me the drink. My hands shake as I bring the mug close, taking a small sip. We were in his office, night having turned and a soft melody played in the background.

Carlisle: "I know this is a lot for one person to handle, but I know just how important it is for you to hear it. A little more than a millennia ago, a prophecy was foretold to Aro. One still very alive and possible now."

Y/n: "What was it?"

Carlisle: "An oracle stated that a vampiric child would be conceived within a womb in the sky, born of Paleblood and a thirst for it."

Y/n: "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa- Hold on a second. Womb in the sky? Paleblood- What the hell is that?"

Carlisle: "Paleblood is what Dream Weavers were called back then. At least we did anyway. As for the womb, it possibly symbolizes the child being born under unnatural circumstances. Or at least it was believed so. Much of your history was unfortunately ordered to be erased, so even now we can't speculate what it means."