Chapter 4 - The Owl & the Hawk

Stupid! STUPID! STUPID!  What were you thinking??  You just sold us out to Bella and Edward! What kind of idiot are you? You're scared of the people you care about, finding out your true nature for one minute and then you go and do this kind of crap the next?! No. It's okay. They couldn't possibly know that was me, right? Just breathe. You're overreacting. Just. Act. Natural.

It was the first class of the day. Psych. I had completely given up on using wooden pencils after snapping the three I always took with me. Luckily, Alice had a spare mechanical for me to borrow, but my hand couldn't stop shaking. My heart felt like it could pop out from my chest. The entire period, all I thought about was what happened last night. That fear I felt from Bella as she curled onto the ground, it was something I knew I should've expected, but it completely caught me off guard. I hated it. I hated that I allowed her to see that.

Alice: "Y/n? You okay? You seem...out of it." Alice asked me, sounding concerned.

Y/n: "I'm fine. Just a little bit of coffee this morning."

Alice: "You don't have to lie. I can see that something's wrong. You're usually a bit talkative when we work together."

Y/n: "No, really, I'm fine!" I try laughing it off, but she doesn't seem to budge.

Alice: "Y/n, I'm going to do something, okay? Just act cool about it."

Y/n: "Oh, um...sure. You're not going to slap me, are you?"

Alice lifts her hand and gently places it on top of mine. My eyes shock-open as I feel her icy skin touch the back of my hand. She's freezing cold. It felt like touching a marble sculpture or a cadaver. I turn my hand and grab onto hers. She twitches before her hand calms down. She's cold all over.

Y/n: "I don't feel you sweating, Alice."

Alice: "That's what you notice?" She chuckles, "Any normal person were this cold, they'd have hyperthermia.", she says in a low voice.

Y/n: "So why don't you?"

Alice: "Just listen to me. You might not believe it, but in a few seconds, you'll be getting a message from Bella. She will tell you to meet her in the forest behind the campus after school. It's important that you go."

Y/n: "Alice, what are you talking abou-" My phone vibrates on queue. I could've sworn I had this on silent. Taking it out from my pocket, I look at what it could've been. It was Bella. She wanted to talk to me about something important, asking if I could meet her behind campus in the woods. I look at Alice, then to my phone, then back to Alice. I furrow my eyebrows, dumbfounded. How?

Alice: "Trust me?"

Alice and I were still holding hands. From that, to what she apparently predicted, the thought of yesterday weighed less; but this left me with even more questions. Maybe I should start believing in fairy tales. Whatever Bella wants me for, it can't be good, but Alice insists I go anyways.

Y/n: "I trust you." So I go.

" So I go