Trans Sherlock

Ship: N/A.
Characters: Greg and Sherlock.
Word count: 2533 words.
Warnings: Transphobia and mention of suicide/death (nothing too explicit) within the trans community as well as a small amount of swearing/bad language.

I'm a trans male writer who loves writing about trans people! Trans Sherlock is just a headcannon I have so if you disagree then that's okay. Also, if anyone knows what I'm referring to with the footwork part (during the end of this oneshot) then I appreciate you so much.
~ Rhys <3

"Just take them out somewhere as a team bonding exercise"

That was the response Lestrade got when he explained that with the small amount of staff he had - and crime rates rapidly increasing - they were all struggling more than ever. He needed more staff not more holidays but fighting against them was like bringing a kitchen knife to a gun fight.

So, he decided to take them to the beach to play volleyball.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Sherlock asked, timidly taking off his shirt. There was no longer a fierce lion infront of him but an innocent kitten. Viscous claws were hidden from sight, behind his back, as he cowered infront of the Detective Inspector. Looking up every now and again with his worried eyes. He just needed some validation.

"Yes, you're going to fine" Greg responded, patting his head gently as he spoke. He gave the younger man a warm, reassuring smile before strolling off towards the volleyball net to help set up the game. Lord knows those morons couldn't do it on their own.

"But what about Anderson? What if he says something?" Sherlock questioned, grabbing the other man's attention. His head turned but his body stayed in the same position. "I'm sure he'd think twice about saying something to you when I'm around" Greg responded without hesitation. Turning his head back around, he ran over to volleyball net with the purpose of stopping a fight that he already knew was going to be the talk of the office.

* * * *
"Now, I've already decided the teams so I don't want to hear any complaints" Greg paused, taking advantage of the silence. Everyone knew he was being serious. You would have been stupid not to. "Andreson, Sherlock, Donovan and Jack. You're with me and everyone else is on the opposing team" he continued.

Anderson snickered as he glanced over at Sherlock. A warning glare was sent towards him from a very serious Detective Inspector. However, if a prize was given for being a total idiot, Anderson would have won first place.

"Nice scars you've got there. Glad to know you have something to prove you're not a real boy" Anderson spat. Sherlock could feel the violent mixture of his brutal words; stabbing at his heart and puncturing his lungs.

Viscous claws had cut wounds deep, opening up ones that had already healed. Purposefully ripping him apart. Accidentally shattering his entire heart. Sherlock could only stand there protectively.

He knew it wasn't true (he was a real boy) but he had started to believe that statement a long time ago. He was that trans teen who would lock himself in the bathroom and cry over the way his body made him feel. He was that trans teen who was so happy to get his first male haircut only to be called "ma'am", "she" and "young lady". He was that trans teen who tried to kill himself because of people like Anderson, because of how long the waiting lists are for gender affirming care and because he would never really be a "real boy".

At the thought of the struggles faced by his younger self, a burning sensation built up inside of him. It circled, whirled and consumed him. Distoring his vision. Clenching his fists. Gritting his teeth. Building and building and building until...

"Shut up, Anderson" Sherlock spat back, trying to silence him. If only it had worked. "You're going to let him speak to me like that?" Anderson retorted, aiming his question towards Greg. A smug smile placed itself on his face. He could only imagine the amount of trouble Sherlock would get into for this. That was going to be so funny to watch.