Mycroft's Lap

Ship: Mystrade.
Characters: Mycroft and Greg.
Word count: 718 words.
Warnings: N/A.

Updated: 22/10/2023. I decided to get rid of the flashback as I thought it broke up the oneshot so I hope this version makes it easier to read and follow the plot!
~ Rhys <3

Greg marched through the house, pushing past people who were in his way. Red plastic cups were blocking his vision as he mindlessly searched for the person he was looking for. Loud music blared through the house as it swayed on every beat or, perhaps, it was Greg's drunken body that swayed as he continued to walk that made the house look like it was dancing to the music.

He was looking for that one person who gave a soft grin everytime they saw him. That one person who gave a reassuring hug - everytime he needed it - at just the right moment in his life. That one person who gave him joy.

He swore he had done 10 laps around the house and, at this point, he was starting to feel a little dizzy.

Just when he was about to give up. He saw him. He was just sitting there. He was so elegant and caring and he was just sitting there like he wasn't the most beautiful person in the room. Maybe that's why Greg Lestrade fell in love with Mycroft Holmes in the first place.

A little glint of happiness found itself in Greg's eye and, in that moment, he knew he was glancing upon the right person.

With one swift movement of his hand, Mycroft gestured for Greg to sit beside him on the sofa. Greg followed his lead and walked as straight as a drunk man can to the seat on the sofa. He placed a hand on the sofa for some sort of balance before sitting himself down and making himself comfortable.

"Umm... Gregory?" Mycroft started, sounding like he was unsure how to start his question. "Umm... Myc?" Greg replied, mocking Mycroft's tone and choice of words. Mycroft frowned slightly as drunk Greg laughed silently to himself over the words Mycroft had just spoken, almost like he had just processed the string of words that came out of his lover's mouth and thought they were hilarious.

It was apparently the funniest thing in the world, which just made Greg smile wider in glee. However, it made Mycroft just a slightly bit angry to hear someone laughing at him. Well, until he realised it was Greg and his angry demeanor slowly faded into a distant memory.

All he could do was copy Greg's actions and laugh loudly until their laughter drained out the noise coming from the room next door to them.

Their laughter died down after a while so Mycroft tried to question Greg again. "Gregory?" Mycroft decided to start with. "Yes, Myc?" Greg answered, still a bit cheerful from just coming down from a laughing fit. Either that or because he was just a tiny bit drunk.

Mycroft placed his hand on his lover's thigh before looking into his eyes, his beautiful brown eyes. He repositioned himself to make Greg more comfortable before replying to his previous question. "Why are you sitting on my lap? There is space for two people on this sofa, you know?".

Greg smiled. His beautiful smile that he only shows to Mycroft. "I know" Greg paused before winking at Mycroft. "Maybe I like it better sitting this way" Greg smirked, leaving Mycroft to be a stuttering hot mess under him.

A bright shade of pink tickled Mycroft's face as he tried to hide it with his hands. Greg was amused how Mycroft tried - and failed - to hide his ever growing blush so much that he couldn't help but lean closer towards his man.

He was aiming for his lips or (maybe) his cheek. Greg hadn't really decided on his chosen target yet. His eyes flickered up and down, almost like he was checking him out.

Being inpatient, Mycroft grabbed the back of Greg's neck gently before smashing his lips passionately against his boyfriend's. Slowly moving his hand from the back of Greg's neck to his waist, he enjoyed the soft moans he pulled from his drunken counterpart. The other hand snaked its way to his lover's cheek before they both had to part for air.

"I'm guessing me sitting on your lap wasn't a problem after all" Greg stated after he caught his breath, smiling smugly. "I guess you're right" Mycroft replied before adding rather quickly "but maybe you should kiss me again just to make sure".