Bracelets

Ship: Johnlock.
Characters: John with a mention of Sherlock and Rosie.
Word count: 401 words.
Warnings: N/A.

John had set off to work. That was always the worst part of his day; just leaving his Rosie all on her own. Well, she wasn't on her own because she had Sherlock but a father will always worry about their child and nothing would soften the guilt he felt in his chest when leaving her, even if Mary Poppins offered to look after his child.

She was 4 years old now so it wasn't like he needed to spend time with her in order to feed her bottles, lay her down for her naps and certainly not when she would throw up all over him (yet, he'd be lying if he said that the memory of baby Rosie didn't give him a cosy feeling inside) but John still felt that physical need to be close to her.

Yet, he knew it was pointless to feel this way as it wasn't like he could get the day off, especially with the clinic being so understaffed and busier than normal (almost like everyone decided to get sick just for the kicks of it - which Dr. Watson-Holmes had obviously missed that memo otherwise he would be off work "sick" spending time with his family). 'Just a benefit of being a doctor that works weekends' John thought to himself sarcastically.

He just had to remind himself that he would be able to see her soon and it was just a normal day at work where he would be finishing at normal time. Even if that didn't work - which it didn't - he still had the bracelet that Rosie had created for him to keep his outlook positive throughout his shift.

John was handed a coffee upon arrival which he gratefully accepted with his left hand. His sleeve slithered up his arm with this swift movement, revealing the bracelet that his daughter had made for him the previous night. 

Kate, the receptionist, spotted the bracelet and a smile crept its way onto her face, John would say it was almost slyly painted onto her face if it hadn't have disappeared before he was able to notice it. Pointing to the handmade and personalised bracelet on his wrist, she asked "Did Sherlock make you that?".

John didn't say anything. The only way he reacted was by spitting the coffee out of his mouth that he had just began to drink.

The braclet in question read: "daddy".