Cuddling

Ship: Johnlock.
Characters: John and Sherlock.
Words: 771 words.
Warnings: N/A.

This oneshot is inspired by the fanart above that I found on Pinterest. The art is not mine and I can't find the original creator to give credit to.
~ Rhys <3

Sherlock's head placed itself on John's chest. His partner's back was supported by the pillow behind him as he sat up in bed. Sherlock's left arm had managed to snake itself around John's waist whilst mangaing to not knock John's laptop off of his lap in the process. His left leg soon followed suit as it found itself tangled on top of John's legs. They were both hopelessly in love as they shared a peaceful moment in contentment.

Letter by letter. Word by word. Sentence by sentence. Slowly but surely John's blog was getting finished. He had a deadline of posting the blog entry by the end of the day. Well, the deadline may not be disclosed anywhere further than his own head but he still wanted to reach the deadline so he could relax over the weekend with his husband.

John's gaze shifted between his Sherlock and the blog he was currently writing. The night light favoured John as it casted shadows onto Sherlock, highlighting his perfect features. Blue eyes shone brightly under the moon's gaze. Curls were mangled in a way that shaped his face perfectly. Just one tug would release soft moans as he would give Sherlock the attention he deserves.

He wanted to finish this blog by tonight but seeing how beautiful his lover was on his chest made him want nothing more but to remove the laptop, get under the covers and cuddle up to his sweetheart until they fell asleep in each other's arms.

Drifting back his attention to the screen,
he continued to write his last few paragraphs before Sherlock started to notify John about the complaints he had.

"Jawwn" Sherlock groaned, secure in the knowledge that his lack of words wouldn't prevent John from understanding how he was feeling. Through years of being with Sherlock, John decided against starting a conversation with him, he just knew it would never end in anything productive. Sherlock moved his head slightly, his viewpoint became less constricted as he tilted his head upwards to view his John. "Bored!" he stated - just a slightly bit louder - wanting to steal the attention away from the laptop.

John had turned away from his laptop to view Sherlock. How he managed to still look handsome even when his hair had become ruffled (due to the friction caused by his previous swift movements) John would never know. His adorable nature invited his cheeks to appear to be kissed with blush. Pink lips transformed into a smirk with the aim to entice John. But no amount of Sherlock distracting him could make him abandon his work.

However, he found himself struggling on the last paragraph. Persisting through the brain fog, hoping it would be clearer on the other side. He tried to march past the fog yet it showed no remorse. It blurred, muddled and perplexed John's mind. Visions of a finished blog entry were being clouded as the tools he was using to try and overcome it rendered useless.

During the battle in John's mind, John's hands must have travelled up to Sherlock's head until they took refuge in his hair. Yet, John couldn't remember putting them there.

John's fingers started to massage the top of Sherlock's head. Starting gently as they began to rock in a circular motion. Handful of hair slipped past his fingertips only to be dragged back into the magic movements of John's talented fingers.

One hand followed the other as it started to play with Sherlock's hair. His eyes started to close as the pleasurable sensation increased. Sherlock's hair was being pulled, dragged and tugged in all his favourite directions. Sherlock moaned at the sensation and that's when John lost it.

This was John's weakness and by the smirk on Sherlock's face, he knew this all too well.

John sighed. He had been reluctant but he had given in. "Do you want to cuddle?" John asked, already knowing the answer to his question. Sherlock paused before replying with "yes, please".

John managed to set down his laptop to avoid it being at risk of breaking. He turned his body to face Sherlock as he shifted down under the covers. Almost subconsciously Sherlock turned his body away from John's as he cuddled up to him.

John's head placed itself on top of his husband's. Sherock's back rubbed up against his lover's stomach. They spooned together in bed, sharing gentle kisses as they did so. John's left arm snaked itself around his darling's waist whilst his legs soon followed suit as they found themselves intertwined with Sherlock's. They were both smitten as they shared a beautiful moment in contentment.