Baby BlackBonnet

Ship: Implied BlackBonnet/Gentlebeard (Ed x Stede).
Characters: Izzy Hands and Edward Teach with a mention of Stede Bonnet.
Word count: 875 words.
Warnings: Swearing/strong language.

I know this isn't Sherlock related but I had this idea for an Our Flag Means Death onehsot and I just had to write it. I hope you don't mind!
~ Jax <3

Ed once again awoke to the sound of a crying baby. He would never get used to waking up so early, even if his life as a pirate required him to do so. Somehow waking up early due to a crying child yearning for your comfort made you more tired than you could ever imagine.

He sleepily got out of bed, trying his best not to wake up Stede in the process, as he walked over to the room where his daughter was. He leaned against the doorframe when he got to her room, expecting her to have clung onto the bars of the crib as she tried to pull herself up (usually with little success) like she was a prisoner in baby jail. And, well, to also find her alone. Certainly not to find her in the arms of Izzy Hands.

"Shush, little one" Izzy whispered. "Or you'll wake up your daddy and your..." 'What the fuck do you call same sex parents' Izzy thought, Blackbeard was certainly nobody's 'mummy'. "...Daddy" Izzy growled after a while. He knew, in hindsight, that he had used the same word twice but he hoped his tone of voice would help differentiate between them.

Subconsciously, Izzy found that his hands had rearranged themselves so he had one of his hands wrapped around the baby and the other protecting her head. It couldn't be that difficult to deal with a baby, they were basically just a tiny human. I mean, Izzy already had to deal with Jim on a daily basis and he thought he dealt with them quite well.

The once crying baby managed to avert her gaze to stare up at Izzy with her beautiful blue eyes. Yet, she still looked discontent as she looked up at him for reassurance. Damm, Izzy hadn't thought this far ahead, he just thought that she would just fall back asleep. What do tiny humans even do to fall asleep? She's not exactly old enough to count sheep.

Stories! He'd heard Stede read her Cinderella before putting her to bed once. Izzy thought it was a stupid story: too 'cutsie' to prepare her for the life she would live as a pirate, too unrealistic for a child to get taught about and too straight when she wasn't exactly being raised by a "Prince" and a "Princess" (well, Izzy would argue that she would be being raised by two dramatic queens but that would never be something he would mutter outloud).

He decided instead to tell her a story about real life; a story about how her daddy and... well, daddy met their baby girl for the first time. "Right. I'll tell you a story then you better fall asleep cause I don't have time for this and I'm getting tired. Deal?" Izzy stated - half expecting her to say "deal" and half expecting her to already be asleep because, again, he hadn't planned this far ahead - it was a lie course, he did have time for her and he always would, he had even limited his swearing around her.

When she didn't show any signs of falling asleep anytime soon, he decided he might as well start the story so she could fall asleep and, if he was being honest, so he could fall asleep as well. "I would start from the beginning" Izzy confessed to the baby "like everyone good story starts" Izzy said in a mock tone before continuing with a smile on his usual grumpy face as he made eye contact with the infant in his hands who had just suddenly started to softly yawn. "But I don't think you'd want to hear about the time your daddy got well and truly docked and finally stopped being a mopey tw-" Izzy cut himself off, can't be swearing infront of a baby, now was not the time to teach her to call her parents every name under the sun. "Mopey person" he corrected himself.

"So, is that what you thought of me?" Ed interrupted him, a smile creeping up his face, as he made himself known amongst the shadows near the doorframe. "Fuck, how much did you hear exactly?" Izzy stated, he jumped slightly at the sudden new voice in the room, but he would never admit to that if you asked him now. "Oh, just enough to understand how soft you are" Ed answered, a smirk lingering in the air around them as Ed started to circle Izzy. He stopped as he glanced over Izzy's shoulder to have a small peak at his precious daughter in Izzy's hands, she just looked so peaceful.

In the midst of their conversation, Izzy hadn't realised that the little human had fallen asleep but Ed had. He slowly removed her from Izzy's hands and thanked him for helping her fall asleep in record time which was, of course, rewarded with a "fuck off" from Izzy.

As he walked away, he saw the smile that was placed upon the child's face as she slept peacefully in Ed's loving arms. Just knowing that Izzy was the one to place it there put a smile on his face that he didn't know he possessed.

Yes, Izzy would definitely sleep contently tonight.