chapter 13

yn pov:

Just like last time I don't get a response from the dean and I feel what I'm learning to be her leave me mind. I look down at my plate and finish the small amount of food I have before getting up and leaving the hall, not wanting to spend another moment there. I wasn't hungry, I haven't been all day, so of course Dovey came and dragged me down there to make me eat something. I walked through the halls silently and opened the door to my room, once again flopping down on my bed. It must've been at least half an hour before I heard the door open and the bang of a cane hitting the floor, making me flinch subconsciously.

C'mon darling, we're going to my office. Why is it whenever I just want to disappear, she finds me? Why? I'm going to your school tomorrow, you can just lecture me then. I really do have a death wish, because talking to Lady Lesso like that is a one-way path to death. I hear the click of her heels and the clang of her cane as she walks over to me and sits down next to me on the bed. моя принцесса, we both know you're going to come with me so do it nicely and don't fight me. She must be trying to speak nicely to me, because she is stating the rational explanation she doesn't give to many people, and I mean like no people at all. I sigh and sit up next to her and I feel her eyes looking at me while I do so. Fine, yeah whatever. My track along the path to death seems to be accelerating quickly and I don't think I can stop it even if I tried to.

Lesso smirks before standing up and offering her hand for me to take, which I do a little too fast if I'm being honest. Next thing I know I'm standing in Lady Lesso's office, Lesso a lot closer to me than when inside my dorm. Want to sit on me again darling, or have you learnt how to sit by yourself now? Lady Lesso's voice has gone back to her usual mocking one and of course just when I need it my mind can't seem to work. I was about to answer, I really was, but I didn't get a chance before Lesso walked over to her seat behind her desk and sat me on her lap. I feel my face heat up incredibly fast, and Lesso smirk only grows.

Can I ask you something detka? Her voice has softened again and I feel her arms warp around my waist as she looks at me with her beautiful green eyes-no! No! Remember the situation yn! I uh yeah, sure. My voice is weak, and my mind is blank as I stare into her eyes. You didn't eat much tonight at dinner, and that usually isn't a problem but I know for a fact that you had nothing for breakfast or lunch. Want to tell me why, красивая?

Shit. Shit, shit, shit. How'd she notice that? Why did she notice that? You pay that much attention to me? I-I'm just a princess that doesn't even come from this world. We both know what I'm doing, I'm avoiding the question, but I pray she allows me to change the conversation. That may be true yn, but you're not just a princess. You're my princess, not anyone else's and not just a random girl. Now, tell me why you didn't eat much at dinner. Her voice is something I can't really place, which must mean she's trying to be nice, because I doubt she uses this tone of voice much. And even though I'm trying my hardest to not give in, to not let myself get attached, her words make me want to so bad. I'm yours? Since when do I belong to you? I would prefer my mouth to scream that I love her instead of getting myself killed.

Lady Lesso laughs at my comment and I feel her arms tighten around my waist, bringing me closer to her then I already was. Don't try to change the subject, answer me моя принцесса. Her voice hardens just a bit and I know I can't get out of this conversation. I ate a normal amount of food, it's what I always eat. It's not like I'm lying, but it's not like I'm telling the truth either. A normal amount isn't what you ate yn, you know that. I can see it, the disappointment in her eyes as much as she's trying to hide it, I can still see it. I don't see why you care Lady Lesso. Honestly, I don't see why you care about anything I do. Because to me and everyone else all I am to you is a bother. Well great, just great, I'm going to be dead before the night is out. Her eyes change from disappointment to anger in a second, telling me I've gone too far.

Lady Lesso pov:

I'm yours? Since when do I belong to you? I can see the instant regret in her eyes so I laugh her comment off and go back to the real reason for our conversation. Don't try to change the subject, answer me моя принцесса. It's not that I don't want to talk about my nickname for her, but I need to know why she didn't eat a proper lunch. I ate a normal amount of food, it's what I always eat. She better be trying to joke because her eyes are telling me that she doesn't believe it either. A normal amount isn't what you ate yn, you know that. I'm trying to look at her like I'm only looking out but by the way her eyes are scanning mine I don't think I'm doing it very well. I don't see why you care Lady Lesso. Honestly, I don't see why you care about anything I do. Because to me and everyone else all I am to you is a bother. What? she thinks she's a bother? Why the hell does my princess think she's a bother to me?

I know by the look on her face that what was supposed to be a me comforting her look has left my face and she's probably scared I'm going to hit her. But I can't change how I'm looking at her. I want to. But I can't. since when was she a bother? Yn you're not a bother, not to me. Why would you even think that? I wait for her answer, as I scan her eyes noticing them glaze over. M-maybe by the amount of time you waste on me. O-or me going to your school. A-anything about me really. A few tears fall and I wipe them from her face, wanting the cause of her pain to be me. Anything but me. The time I spend on or with you isn't wasted, alright? And I don't mind you coming to my school yn. And it is possible for me to like people, it's rare, but it happens. And you just happen to be one of those people. Don't ask me for a reason, because I not everyone needs a reason I speak softly, my right hand still on her soft cheek but I can tell it's hard for her so I gently move it back down to her waist.

Yn coming to my school is actually a big deal, and I'm not the happiest, but I'm not going to tell that to her. I don't need yn spiraling right now, and I'm the least capable person in the entire school to handle it anyways. I can see her trying to see if I'm lying, but soon finding nothing as she sighs and lowers her head a little. Sorry Lady Lesso. Her voice is barely a whisper and her arms wrap themselves around her torso as if to hide herself from me, something that I can't help but frown at. Was I scaring her? I hope not. You can just say Lesso darling, I think we're a little past those formalities.

Her arms wrap tighter around her torso, and I don't what to do. I can't pull her arms away because that would probably scare her more but a part of me wants to do it. Sorry Lesso. I nearly missed it, and her voice sounds so sad and weak for a reason I don't even know. What's wrong, красивая? I try to speak as softly as possible because I don't want to accidentally set her off or anything like that. I see a couple of tears run down her cheeks but I don't know if I should wipe them or not. Because I made you mad, I-I didn't mean to. Shit. She thinks I'm mad, of course she does, I probably look it. I don't even know what to say, I've never cared that anyone is feeling like this before.

Hey, hey. I'm not mad, I promise. Yn stopped crying so I think I did something to help out the situation. Y-you're not? B-but- if I let her talk any longer, I'm going to have to reassure her for hours. No buts my princess, I'm not mad and you don't have to cry. I carefully wipe her tears and lift her head to look into her eyes when I don't get a response. Yn? Baby? I still don't get a response so I start to use my powers to look inside of her mind.

Authors note:

I was contemplating putting the wish reveal thing in this chapter or the next but I might just make you wait until chapter 15. Sorry not sorry.