Chapter 19

Charlie pov:

I walk into uglification and sit down, not caring that there's still a couple of minutes before class starts. A couple of random students walk into the room, all of them talking about the weird girl from the foyer. Great. Two minutes in this castle and yn is already making a mockery of herself. Why can she never just blend in? Can't she ever just be normal?

A few more students walk in before yn does and I can't stop the look of disgust that I give her as she sits at the front. Teacher's pet. My friends walk in directly after her and they're laughing at her, probably at her outfit, as they walk down to the back and siting down next to me. No one knows why the princess is in our class, and nevers don't play well with princesses. Better tell your sister to get out of here while you can, Charlie. Hesters speaks as she sits down on my left. If she gets hit hard enough, she'll learn to stay away. I reply, brushing off the subject.

Clarissa Dovey pov:

As I looked into my mirror with cold spoons under my eyes, I silently regret staying up all night worrying. It's not like I could just sleep though, she wasn't anywhere in the castle, and she doesn't even know her way around it, so why would she go looking outside of the castle?! God, two nights here and she's already on my nerves more than any other student or teacher, apart from Lesso of course.

Where could yn be though, she doesn't have any friends and as much as that is mean to say, I had to pretty much, drag her down to dinner because no one else would make sure she eats. God, that girl is a worry. I use some of my magic to put on my make-up and a dress because I don't feel bothered to look through my wardrobe right now before leaving my room to go to breakfast. If yn isn't there I swear to gosh I might make her sit through my class tomorrow. As I walk through the hallways down to the breakfast hall I see the ever reader, Agatha, walking alone in a dress that suits her scarily well if she would just smile.

I walk into the dining room and my eyes instantly search over the tables for yn although I find nothing but normal princes and princesses, definitely not the strange reader I'm worrying over. Slowly, I walk over to the staff table and on the way, I grab my plate and take some porridge and buttered toast. Unsurprisingly, Lesso hasn't graced us with her presence which is probably for the better considering she hates the new ever and would probably tease me for caring about where she is.

Author's note:

I feel like I say this after every update but I'm really sorry about the length and quality. It's term 4 assessments rn so I'm going to take a break until I'm on holiday, sorry for the inconvenience. Once I am on holiday I will write and update so much more frequently like at the start of the book, and the plot will get so much more interesting because I understand how much of a drag this is currently. Have a nice day/night and remember to take care of yourselves!

Ella xx