Chapter 23

This means thoughts and/or memories btw, I just thought I needed to make that clearer.

Lesso pov:

Great. Just fucking great. Why did I say that? why did she say that? Oh God, I'm screwed, perpetually screwed. Yn's coming back for the rest of the period, and I'm supposed to act like I don't see the way she looks at me? It was easier before Dovey pointed it out, because now all I'm doing is thinking more than usual about the girl. It's not like we can be together either, that would involve putting her in danger and I'll never let that happen. Within twenty minutes of having left the room yn came back with bandages and a cast on her arm and an icepack in her free hand on her lip.

Now I feel terrible, a feeling that I don't normally feel but somehow always manage when thinking about the unfortunates of yn's life. How's your arm? I ask softly as I watch yn sit down before answering. Intact. Well at least her sarcasm is still working. What do you want to do? I'm trying to be nice and thoughtful and even though it's not my strong suit I think I'm doing a pretty good job right now. Especially considering that yn won't even try to talk to me now for some reason. Did you know that Charlie does like you? He told me when I went to the infirmary. Likes you and hates me, but that isn't really news to me. It's not like I didn't suspect Charlie of liking me or anything I just thought, well I don't know what I thought.

Why does he hate you? I watched the slight wince that was momentarily on yn's face before she composed herself and shrugged, apparently not talking to me. With yn looking so absent in her thoughts, after a moment of hesitation, I enter her mind.

Yn pov:

God, why does he hate me? It certainly couldn't be because I got our parents love... and there's nothing for him to be jealous of me for, I never had anything except for his old Hami downs. So, what reason does he have to hate me? Is he jealous because of Lesso? That's ridiculous, he's the one who will see her every day for as long as we're hear. I mean, I'll just see her every two days once she gets bored of me. It'll be like the last two nights never happened.

My body suddenly focuses again when Lesso gently takes my hand from my lap, causing me to flinch away out of instinct. There is a moment when sadness flashes across her eyes before Lesso looks up at me with what I think is an apologetic expression. Her hands quickly start to move away from mine, but I instinctively take her hands in mine before she can fully remove them. Lesso looks up at me from her kneeling position shocked before her expression changed to a smirk. I'm never going to get bored of you, моя принцесса, that I can promise you. Although I have to talk about something with you. Crap, she's probably going to tell me to stop being such a pussy or something.

Do you know what would happen if a villain and a hero got together, romantically? Lesso asks slowly as her thumb gently rubs the back of my hand. Is she asking me to be with her? No, that's ridiculous. N-no I don't...what happens? I ask the second part quieter, not knowing if I want to know the answer or not. It takes Lesso a moment to respond, the whole time I watch her continue to rub her thumb over the back of my hand.

If...if they both loved each other enough they would participate in a trial by tale. And trust me when I say this that a trail by tale is one of the most dangerous things that can happen at this school because it involves going into the blue forest at night. You do know what the blue forest is, right? I nod my head, remembering it from Yuba's lesson yesterday, and wait to see if she will continue speaking. Well, they go in at night, obviously with a safety procedure of dropping a red handkerchief if they ever need it, and they try to find each other before morning comes. If they do, they will have to kiss and if it really is true love the pair would be teleported to safety. If not true love...well let's not talk about that.

I take a moment of watching our hands as I try to understand everything she said and why she said. Thankfully, Lesso doesn't push me to say anything as she watches me watch her hands. Wha-why did you tell me that? I ask after a couple of moments, my voice nearly too quiet to hear. Because I want you to know what happens if people find out. Lady Lesso replies in such a mysterious manner that my curiosity gets the better of me, forcing me to look up and into her eyes. Find out about what?

About us. Yn, you intrigue me more than anyone else has in a very long time and I hate the thought of anyone else ever learning more about you than me. People have hurt you, yn, and I want-I need to be the one who makes sure no one ever hurts you again. You're important to me, and I-I want to be important to you too.

DID THE LADY FUCKING LESSO JUST ASK ME OUT?!

Author's note:

My friend told me to hurry up with the pace so I'm going to leave you all with this. School starts this week so I might be mean and leave you with this but I'll try to continue to my amazing update streak.

Ella xx