4

Mary's POV

I walk down the stairs to the great hall as it's lunch, I plop down next to Eliana and Pansy at the Slytherin table. "So, how has been DADA ?" Eliana ask turning her head to look at me "horrible, I got to sit next to riddle, and he placed his hand on my thighs" I said the last part in a low tone. "Wait really, did you melt under his killing touch ?!" Pansy said "no, it was just attractive," I say as I take a sip of my pumpkin juice "talking about me now are we witch," says a deep voice from in front of me, all three of us look up from our 'secret conversation' and meet with him, the one I couldn't stop thinking about "witch? Thats new riddle" I say looking at him annoyed.

"Just saying" he says putting his hands up in surrender, I glare at him "god the tension between you two, I totally ship ittt" Eliana whispers to me excited, I look at her in disbelief "what no!" I exclaim looking at her dead in the eye, "why not?" She asks already seeing me disgusted, I was about to give an answer but my mouth wouldn't let any sound come out, It was open though, mattheo just stared at us, 'I know you're thinking about me often darling' the same voice from when Mattheo first arrived popped back in my head ?

"Anyways, gotta leave you girlies," says Eliana getting, "please don't leave me" I beg her as I take her wrist roughly. "Sorry girl, I have potion" she sighs signaling me to let her wrist, I let go and sigh as I see her disappear in the now crowded hall, "please tell me you have Astronomy" I turn to pansy, begging for her answer, to not being stuck with riddle again. " you're so lucky girl" she say basically screaming it, as I sigh in relief, I get up from my seat as I put the strands of my brown hair that were in my face back behind my ears. "Let's go" I exlaim as she gets up from her seat to follow me out of Mattheo's gaze.

—————————-Time skips—————————

I walk up the stairs to the Astronomy tower to look at the sunset, I've always had a thing for the sky, the galaxy, no wonder why Astronomy was and is still my favorite class.
I'm not hungry for the moment so I'm thinking about just skipping dinner to stargaze,Eliana and pansy would maybe be searching for me but I don't care, and I know they would know that I'm here, it would always be my favorite place from all of the castle.

I step on the last stair and look up to the amazing pigments of red and yellow, and a shadow of someone sitting on the railing of the tower, I walk up to it to see his face, the devil spawn, "how lovely to see you there" he says as he looks up, looking at me-no staring at me,
" hello riddle, what brings you here ?" I ask him, knowing that it's my place to stargaze, "smoking, want some ?" He ask pointing at his pocket "no thank you, I don't smoke," I say, denying his offer. "Mmh," a blank was in the air for a few minutes until he added "you don't look like your brother," he says examining my face " I know, I took more from my father," I say, talking about my eyes, since we were at the dursleys, Harry and me always got theses kind of comments like, 'you both took from your father, but Harry have his mothers eye' and sometimes I get tired of it, it always the same thing, bla-bla-bla.

"Well if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna get going," he says crashing the tip of his cigarette on the railing and letting it fall on the schools ground, he then gets up and starts to leave but I take his wrist "what ?" He ask annoyed by my move, the air was tight as we looked deep into each others eyes, it felt like time had stoped and for a split second I tought i something like softness in his eyes but that disappeared fast,
I realized I did that and looked down at my hand on his wrist and release the grip I had on it " sorry" I say awkwardly "ok, we'll good night potter." He says calmly as he starts to leave again this time not interrupted by my hand, I hear the door close and look where he was 5 seconds ago, what the heck was that ? I ask myself, I decide to come down to my dorm, I did not want to see anyone else now.

I walk down the stairs and leave the Astronomy tower, I walk up the annoying stairs who leaves to the griffondor common room, I stop at a painting of the old lady singing, she always sings, annoying. She interrupts herself and look at me and then smiles at me and ask "good evening Mary, password please" she stares weirdly at me until I say calmly and smiling awkwardly "Caput draconis" the painting open to let me pass, I walk in to see a few students younger and older than me, I pass quickly through the not so crowded red and gold colored and warm common room to stop at the little couch close to the fire, I turn to the little bookshelf who is just in front of me and grab 'Romeo and Juliet'
then sit down, the fire warming up the place.

Mattheo's POV

As I smoke on the Astronomy tower I hear noise coming from the door, I quickly recognize whose footsteps this was, Mary Potter, I don't know why but every time I see her in the halls or anywhere, the world feels better, the way her long dark brown hair rest on her tiny shoulder, the way her uniform looks good on her slim body, the way she looks at me annoyed, her kissable lips, her beautiful voice. She looks at me in annoyance, her long hair moving as the wind touches her face "how lovely to see you there," I talk first as the blank in the air was tough as we stared at each other, "hello riddle, what brings you there ?" She asks now leaning on the railing, "smoking, want one ?" I ask her pointing to my pocket, she said no, good girl, I think, a girl refusing my offer to smoke was a first, "I don't smoke" she adds now looking at the read and pink colored sky I just hummed as a response.

A heavy blank was in the air for a few minutes until I added "you don't look like your brother,"
She turned to look at me, I felt like my stomach was forming nots and it was an horrible feeling I hated feeling things like that " I know, I look more like my father," she says, her pretty lips moving as the words got out of her mouth. She was thinking about how everyone told her and her brother that her entire life,

how do I know that ? Of course I read her mind.

The air was tight as we looked at each other for second who felt like hours, "well if you excuse me,Im gonna get going" I say awkwardly as I crash the tip of my cigarette on the railing and let it fall on the ground, I get up and start leaving but was stopped by her small hand grabbing my wrist, "what?" I ask as I turn to her eyes directly staring at mine, I felt my hair stop as her hair was in her face because of the wind, every thought, everything that was bothering me was out of my mind as I looked at her beautifaul eyes.

She then looked down at her hand on my wrist and quickly let go as she said 'sorry',I turned my head to the door and looked back at her and started walking again closing the door behind me.

————————————————————————

A/N : 1 400 words !!! Tell me if you liked this chapter, and I was way too lazy to read it so I'm sorry if there is any mistakes, I'm not a grammar queen 👸

Anyways, hope you enjoyed !!

XOXO, Olive

(Btw pls do not make fun of my name it's not my fault, it's my parents who chose it for me 🥲)

the enjoymentजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें