10

Mary's POV :

Today was Monday and the weekend had passed so fucking quickly. The Yule ball is tonight and I still don't have a date. Omg.

I put on my school uniform and tie my black Mary janes. I quickly brush my hair and apply chapstick on my dry lips. I grab my purse and head out. I hear Eliana screaming at me again to wait for her. Ugh. Fuck it I'm going.

I walk out of the common room and make my way to the hall. I push the tall wooden door that welcomed students in Hogwarts warm walls. I sat at the griffondor table but saw jack making his way towards me, but before he could get closer I grabbed my bag and quickly left the great hall.

I ran through the long corridors, getting closer by the snow falling. I made my way out of the castle, faintly hearing jacks footsteps getting slower. I sighed internally and decided to see the dark water of the black lake. I walked down the large white field and saw the black lake getting more fair than before.

I stopped under a tree where I remembered getting drunk for the first time with Enzo pans and Eliana. I don't remember everything but I can tell we had fun. I traced my fingers on the cold tree, where we had our initials carved on, with a heart and a sentence : 'dumb4l'

I smiled at the memory. But then I heard a noise, I quickly turned around and saw mattheo riddle, he was looking at me, his dark inky eyes staring into mine.

I walked forward, seeing his pretty face. His messy curls and his signature smirk plastered on his face. As I got closer to him I saw how tall he was. At least 6"2.

"What do you want" I asked him, seeing his eyes darkening.

"I have a deal for you." He smirked even more.

"What is it?" I annoyedly asked.

"I know it may seem crazy, but listen to me, I want you to be my girlfriend— fake girlfriend obviously" he demanded.

I looked at him in disbelief, my eyes widening at his words.

"What" I exclaimed, getting scarred.

"I. Mattheo riddle, want you to be my fake girlfriend. Like this, jack will leave you alone and I won't be the 'single girl fucker' of Hogwarts" he shrugged, I laughed at his words.

He looked at me, his eyes holding a soft gaze, but disappeared into thin air as he looked at me seriously, I frowned.

I thought a few second before saying, "I don't want to" he knotted his eyebrows together and frowned.

"Why not" he whined.

"I wont be your fake girlfriend. That's all riddle" I simply stated.

He looked at me in disbelief before arguing back, "wanna make jack something to leave you alone? Then accept. my. offer." He looked angry and pissed by my answer.

"You know what? Ok I'll be your girlfriend, but just for two month, not more not less" I reached my hand for him to shake, which he did hesitantly, "finally, ok deal" he stated. his cold ring sending shivers down my spine as his slim fingers interlocked with mine when he shook my hand.

"But one thing. No kissing" I blurted out, seeing him get annoyed. It amused me.

"Ok I understand— but we'll have to make people believe we're a couple princess" he stated trying to hide the annoyance in his voice. But I could totally hear it.

"Uh— well" I hesitantly looked at him, trying to find answers in his inky eyes. "So— uhh. No kissing on the lips— but the cheeks are good" I muttered feeling small compared to him

"Ok— and I have to like— hold your hand?" He questioned, not being sure of what to do, I've heard that he's never been in a relationship before, so I could understand that he's not used to it.

I had a boyfriend not a long time ago— well 3 years ago, he broke my heart. I don't want to talk about it. He dumped me in February, right for my birthday, just great right ?

"So— hum I'll invite you to the Yule ball ?" He asked not being sure if I had a date.

"Omg my savior, I didn't have a date anyways" I laughed. On my life I needed a date sm.

He looked at me, his gaze softening, this time staying like that. Oml I could get lost into them.

" ok well, I'll get you at your dorm at 7" he simply said.

I nodded and ran back to the castle, leaving him behind me.I felt his eyes staring at me. I wanted to turn around but decided not to since I needed to go to class.

I got to my first class with professor slughorn, potions. I won't say I dont like it but it's just not it for me. I was about to open the door happily and then I remembered who was sitting next to me. Mattheo riddle. Great.

I walked in, being one of the first students since I was 10 minutes early. I sat at my desk and started to read before the class starts. I look around after 10 minutes of reading and see people starting to fill the classroom. The lesson starts by slughorn starting to talk.

"So today, we are learning about the amortentia potion," he stated "would anyone want to tell me what amortentia is ?" He asks us.

Hermione grangers arm lifts up and the door suddenly burst open to mattheo coming in.

"Hello mister riddle, what a pleasure seeing you here today, can you maybe tell me why you're late today ?" Slughorn kindly says, with a asking tone in his voice.

"No reason" he just shrugged and came to sit next to me.

I glared at him and remembered I was being his 'girlfriend'. He sat down and turned to look at me. He smiled warmly and took my hand, making our fingers interlocked. I looked at him in disbelief and he kissed me on the cheek, making everyone glare at us, some in disgust, in jealousy, pupils whispering to each other.

"What are you looking at ?" He asked with and attitude.

Everyone turned back their attention to the teacher and he started talking again . Slughorn stated that we will be smelling the potion, to see who our 'soulmate' is. I personally don't believe in that.

————///————///————///————///—

Heyy!!
I Hope you liked this chapter! Ugh 😑
Finally something happening in Mary's life bruhh.

I'm sorry if I don't post very often.. I'm very tired theses day and with senior year and SOFTBALL TRYOUTSSSS. Anyways just my dumb assface is tired of freaking trig exams😤

Anyways,
XOXO, liv