Chapter 9

~Lando~

I wake up still cuddling with Julie. This is the best I've slept in forever, and I could definitely get used to it. Today I'm taking Liam and Charles karting, and to be honest... Charles is going down. I get out of the couch to go make some breakfast, and I decide to make pancakes. As I'm finishing them up, I feel Julie coming up behind me.

"Good morning sunshine" I say, now facing her.

"Good morning handsome, you made breakfast?" She looks so beautiful, even though she just woke up.

"I did indeed, hope you like pancakes"

"I love pancakes, it's actually Liam's favorite aswell" So I guess I was spot on with making pancakes, and not eggs.

"Is he up jet?"

"I don't think so, I'll go wake him up now"

We're meeting Charles at the track in an hour, so we don't have that much time to get ready. It's Liam's birthday soon, so I'm thinking about getting him an LN4 kart.

"Daddyyy" Liam was already wide awake, and clearly excited.

"Good morning, are you excited for today?"

"I can't wait, I'm so gonna beat uncle Charles"

"That's the spirit we want" We all get out food, do some small talk and finish up. I already have the feeling of being a family, but I haven't even told my parents jet. After 25 minutes we are ready and on our way.

"Your car is soooo cool, it's way cooler than uncle Charles car"

"Thank you, maybe you'll get one for your self in the future" I do agree thought, my car is way cooler.

When we arrive, I can see Charles already waiting for us. We get out of the car, and Liam is running towards Charles.

"So, you guys are ready to be defeated?" What a way to greet people Charles...

"Actually, I'm gonna beat you Charles" I love how confident Liam is, because it's not gonna be an easy task.

"Ooh. You are, how do you know that?"

"I just do, you got a problem with that?" Damn, this kid got sass. I love it tho.

"I guess we'll see then" We walk inside to get Liam a suit and helmet, as me and Charles already brought our own. We get dressed, and it clearly doesn't help us not getting recognized that we're using our F1 helmets and suits. We get to the kart's and explain to Liam how to use them, and surprisingly he gets it pretty fast.

We drive out on the track, and do a few laps first just to get used to the kart's. Liam is actually doing very well, and it's unbelievable that this is he's first time karting.

As we start pushing, I pass Charles imidiatly. Liam is right behind me and I can see him in my mirrors. I manage to keep him behind me for now, but I don't think I can mutch longer.

It's now round 24 of 25, and Liam is really pushing me, Charles is behind both of us. So nothing to worry about there. As we're driving up the straight Liam passes me, and crosses the line first. We all park and get out of the kart's, I'm really proud of him for winning his first "race" if we can call it that.

"Good job buddy, that was great" He's a natural, but I guess he has the racing genes from both sides of the family.

"That was soooo fun, can we do it again?!"

"Glad you enjoyed it, your a natural" Charles said

"Can you guys excuse me for a sec, Julie is calling me"

"Yeah sure, go ahead"

I walk into the bathroom to be alone before I awnser her. I'm so excited to tell her about Liam's talent.

"Lando, have you seen the news?" What the hell is she talking about?

"No, we just finished. Liam actually won, over both me and Charles"

"Wow, he's that good?"

"He is, but what where you saying about the news?"

"Oh yeah, you guys where spotted. They already know that he's Charles nephew, and since you guys look so much alike they are saying that you might have a son"