Chapter 21

~Julie~

*The next day*

I have been up all night, wanting to sleep but not being able to. My head is still spinning, and my body to tired to do anything. Lando is sitting next to me in bed with his arms around me, and his usual warm embrace is much colder than usual. I can still feel the pain from earlier, but right now I couldn't care less.

Suddenly I realize that if I hadn't gone out alone everything would be better, I would still be pregnant and the flashbacks would never exist. I know that it's not my fault, and that the world is fucked up. But I can't help but feel guilty towards Lando, because I know how exited he was.

"Babe?" Lando says while looking over at me.

"Yeah, what is it?" I look back at him.

"Liam is still with Arthur, we should probably get him. I totally get it of you don't want to, but he seemed pretty upset yesterday" I had kinda forgotten about Liam for a second, but quickly realize that we should get him home.

"Yeah, you're right. We should get him, he deserves to stay at home" He gets up and hold out his hand for me to take. His hand is slightly warmer now, and I take his hand as we walk to the door.

We get into the car, and the mood seems to lighten. At least a little bit. We're both stay silent the whole trip, but I don't mind. The rain is splashing against the car, and the normally sunny looking Monaco has turned gray and sad. How ironic, since that's just how I feel.

I don't realize at first, but we pull up to Arthur's apartment building. The parking lot are pretty empty, and the only cars you can see are Lando's, Arthur's and a few others in the distance. I get out of the car, the rain is still pouring down. So instead of running towards the door like a normal person would, I find myself just standing there. My breathing gets heavy, and I feel at one with the rain.

Suddenly a pair of hands slip around my waist, it's Lando. We stay like this for a while, just me and him in the parking lot. After a while he leans in closer, and kiss my cheek before whispering in my ear.

"Let's go inside before you get sick darling" He takes my hand, and slowly drag me inside. The heat hits me, and I realize how cold I am. Not that I really care,
but it's nice to get into the warmth.

Lando knocks on the door, and Arthur opens after a few seconds. I look at Arthur as I offer him a little smile, but I don't think it helped hiding my pain.

"Hey" I say with a shaky voice as Arthur gives me a hug. I'm not sure if he knows about our vist to the hospital, but he knows me well enough to know that something is off.

"Bonjour" He looks me in the eyes, still holding my arms after the hug. "Are you ok? You look a little pale"

"I've been better, the last 24 hours has been a lot" My head is still spinning, and I don't know if i want to scream or cry. "How is Liam?"

"He's good, but he can't wait to go home. He's currently sleeping, and we vent out on the boat earlier today with Charles, Lorenzo and mum" As Arthur speek I can feel Lando comming closer, before he carefully places his arms around my waist hugging me from behind.

"Sounds like you guys had fun, how is Charles doing?" I suddenly realize that i haven't spoken to him after his crash in Spa. The only think i know is that he broke his leg and had to do a surgery.

"He's definitely doing a lot better, and he's actually walking again"

"Really? That's great, hopefully he's back in the car soon"
I can't help but smile, as I now know that my brother is doing better. Suddenly I hear a familiar voice running towards us.

"Mummy, daddyyy" Liam runs towards us, and Lando bends down to pick him up as he joins us after his nap.

"Salut mon amour, someone looks excited to see us" I smile at him.

"Of course I'm excited. Not that I don't like hanging out with uncle Arthur, he is way funnier than you mummy, but I can't wait to get home" We all chuckle at his statment, and I act a bit hurt at his words.

"Guess we should be heading home then" Lando says, still holding Liam in his arms.

"Thank you so much for watching him Arthur, we really appreciate it" I say

"Any time sis, he's a great kid" Arthur smiles as we start to head out.

"Thank you anyways, we'll see you soon"