Chapter 1. Mom's secret

Chapter 1. Mom’s secret

Renesmee

It’s been four months since Jacob had proposed and my life couldn’t get any better. Jacob has temporarily moved into our house so I get to see him all of the time. I can’t go to school for a while since it wasn’t long ago that I left my old school. Because we live deep in the woods no one suspects us.

Mom has been acting really strange still. She never comes out of her room and prefers to hunt alone or with Alice. Everyone is really worried about her especially dad. No one seems to know what is wrong with her, well except Alice that is. All I knew was I doubted mom would keep this up forever. She couldn’t keep secrets from her family, could she? Especially with dad worrying so much that he and Carlisle have been constantly in the study researching what could be wrong with her.

Mom had been downstairs twice today looking beautiful in a long baggy white dress assisted by Alice who looked deeply worried. “Are you ok mom?” I asked the second time today. She had been going hunting a lot more recently. Dad who had heard me talking to mom literally threw himself out of the door to mom’s side.

“Bella what is wrong, please tell me whatever it is we can work through it.” Dad begged, pleading at mom. His face crumpled.

Mom looked at Alice for help. “He’s gonna find out sooner or later.” Alice said. Mom relaxed a tiny bit but her face looked pained.

“Can you wait until we get back from hunting, then I will explain everything.” She said. Dad looked relieved and kissed mom’s head. Mom kissed me then disappeared with Alice out of the door.

Carlisle was back in his study and I sat by the window waiting for mom. Jacob had his arm round me he also looked worried about mom. He didn’t say anything but he didn’t want to hurt me or upset me so he just held my hand and kissed me.

When mom finally got back she sat down on the couch carefully. No one expected to hear what mom was about to say to us.

Dad and Carlisle had come out of the study dad stood by mom taking her hand. “Can everyone come close I got something to say. Everyone shuffled close to mom. Alice was stood by her guarding her carefully. Mom looked terrified and a little uncomfortable. She suddenly stood up. “It’s ok Alice.” She said. Alice stepped back and mom took her dress off to reveal her in a tank top and an elasticated skirt.

“I’m really sorry for not saying anything, treating you all so badly after all you have done for me.” She said cradling her little lump sticking out of her top. Everyone gasped looking shocked. Mom just nodded.

“I didn’t know what to say because I couldn’t believe it myself.” Mom had said. I came close to mom and she hugged me. Her belly stuck out quite a bit. No one knew quite what to say. Dad had his mouth hung wide open and he looked terrified.

Finally I cleared my throat and whispered. “You’re...Your having a baby?” I said quietly. Mom nodded. I was so shocked confused and surprised. No one moved or said anything.

Carlisle and dad disappeared into the study I expected them to be researching how this could be happening. Everyone else was crowded around mom rubbing her arm and talking to her.

I would have a brother or sister, but would it be safe, what would they be like?