Chapter 5. Wedding day

Renesmee

I had woken up feeling sick and nervous. I hadn’t slept that much the night before from Alice’s party going on till the very early hours of this morning. Alice had also sent my dad and Jacob away before the party started. Mom was already dressed when I went downstairs. “Morning Renesmee.” She stiffened for a few seconds then her face relaxed again. I sighed. Since everyone knew mom was pregnant she had been trying so hard to hide her pain. Dad already knew she was in pain and so did the rest of us but mom was having none of it. “Mom you know I won’t be offended at all if you need to rest.” I had said all day yesterday. Mom wasn’t having any of it replying the same way she did yesterday. “I am not missing your wedding.” That was final and that also meant discussion over. I just walked into the kitchen to be greeted by a happy Esme. “Here is your breakfast Renesmee.” She passed me the plate of food that I had to force down me.

Jacob

I was in my dad’s room feeling very nervous and excited. I couldn’t help wondering what Renesmee would be doing right now. Most likely with Alice and a ton of makeup. Everyone was waiting for us downstairs as I got dressed and my dad fussed over my hair. Once we started walking downstairs everyone cheered us. Emily told me I looked very smart and I smiled at her. “Ok so we will see you all there.” Dad said. I waved everyone goodbye getting numerous pats on my back. Then I was alone with dad. He was rubbing the back of his neck not looking at me. I suddenly felt very awkward and uncomfortable. “Dad what’s wrong?” I broke the silence after a few minutes. He had turned away from me fiddling with something in his hand. “This.”He opened his hand showing a silver ring with light blue diamond’s on it. “Is your mother’s wedding ring. I want you to give it to Renesmee today.” I felt a lump in my throat as my eyes became wet. I didn’t know what to say to him. We had never really discussed this before because we didn’t know what to say to each other. The feelings were mutual since she was my mom and dad’s wife but we buried them deep inside of us not telling anyone what we felt. I hugged dad awkwardly as the tears fell from his eyes. I swallowed the lump and took a deep breath. “thank you dad of course I will give it to Renesmee.” I said a little shaky. Dad took a few minutes to compose himself then said. “I suppose we should be going.” He started getting up wiping his face and smiling at me. I nodded and walked out of the door.

Renesmee

After Alice had been messing around with my hair for two and a half hours I was finally ready to go. Mom was smiling at me. I am sure if she could cry she would be. Her face seemed to be pain free for now. I jumped when the door suddenly knocked turning around to see who it was. Alice had opened it before I had even turned around there was dad grinning at me. I felt quite uncomfortable and he just laughed. He wrapped his arms around mom gently kissing her. “Renesmee are you ready?” He asked. I nodded as he stretched his hand out for me to take. I took it and he led me outside to the car that looked like Alice had decorated. I suddenly felt very sick. Dad squeezed my hand. “Don’t worry Renesmee.” He said. He opened the door and I smiled and thanked him as he got in the other side. The castle was only a ten minute drive. Dad obviously got there in half of that. Glancing at me every now and again until we stopped. I could see the perfect gardens of the beautiful castle that Alice had chosen for me. Emily was standing by the front gates smiling as the car pulled up. Dad opened the door for me taking my hand. “Renesmee.” Emily squealed when I got to her. “Hello Emily,” I smiled nervously at her.

As we got closer to the front doors I saw the rest of my family smiling proudly. I blushed as dad asked me if I was ready. I nodded and took a deep breath