Chapter 21: Sophie (Read Authors note) (Monday)

*So this is set about two months after the started looking for Keefe, he's found an apartment to live in he tries to move on but he just can't stop loving Sophie, Fitz has asked both Marella and Linh to be his girlfriend and they both reluctantly agreed, Sophie has become depressed, Aight lets gat a move on.*

Every day is the same, find a city search it. I've lost confidence that we'll ever find him. The Council has made everyone give up. But I'll keep on searching, I will do it, I have to, he's Keefe. I miss him so much. 

I've re-read his letter exactly 78 times and each time the same two words ring through my mind,

Love, Keefe, Love, Keefe, Love, Keefe, Love, Keefe. 

I miss him so much that sometimes I can't breath.

Today, I was looking through old memories with him and I felt like he was right beside me.

I thought of everyone that misses him and then I felt very woozy.

"Sophie? It's dinnertime. Or would you like to eat upstairs?" Edaline asked.

I've spent so many days up here with human maps, sometimes my friends would come to help, but I still felt so alone. 

"Up here," my voice felt raspy, I haven't spoken much and it was dry in my room.

Edaline walks upstairs and passes me the tray.

"You know, you always looked so much more happy around him," Edaline whispered as she picked up one of the pages.

"Thank you," I say, not knowing if I should be flattered or weirded out.

"It's true, I wish you would come downstairs, Verdi misses you." She joked.

"Of course he does." I roll my eyes.

"Oh wait, Dex brought back Iggy!"Edaline rushes downstairs and comes back holding a sparkly braided red imp.

"I'll hail him later with a thanks." I say picking him up noticing a note on the orange bow.

"I hope to see you later and enjoy the super," Edaline leaves picking up all the other full trays from my other meals the past couple days.

I open the note:

Hey Sophie!

We miss you! Emerge from your cave once a while! See ya!

Ya bestie,

 Dexy.

Wow. that was something. 

I look back at the book on my desk and submerge myself in the memories.

I think more and more about everything he's went through.

I fell woozy and my head hurts a bit.

The pain. It's increasing, wha-

It all disappears. and all that's left is black.