Chapter 5

I stand there in shock for a moment.

Alex stops before he gets to the end of the hall, turns around , looks at me, and says "You comin'?"

"Where?" I ask.

He drops his head a bit and raises his eyebrows.

"Jus' come on."

He walks out the door and I jog , to follow him.

He sticks his hands in the pockets of his leather jacket.

I kept looking at him from the side, and he looked serious.

We soon reached a park, where Alex sat down on a bench.

I sat down next to him, and awkwardly looked down.

He was silent for a while.

"Sarah..." He finally spoke.

"Yeah?" I asked, my voice just a hint.

"Listen..." He sighed, leaning forward a bit.

"You had every right to be pissed at your brother, and do what it took to maybe make him stay... But you need to let him go. He's an adult, and if we want to make it as Arctic Monkeys, we need all our time and effort. You're an amazing girl. I know this isn't fair, but It's your time to grow, and see what's going on. You're old enough to take care of yourself now." He said slowly, and softly.

I felt tears brim my eyes, but I kept them inside.

I couldn't speak. I kept swallowing, but I couldn't say anything.

Usually I'd feel like Alex was just trying to take my brother away from me, but... I felt like he was helping me.

My bottom lip trembled.

"C'mere." He said, he wrapped an arm around me and rubbed my shoulder.

"D'you understand?" He asked softly.

"Yeah... I do..." I said softly.

"Good. See? You're old enough to get it." He said, moving a piece of hair behind my ear, causing me to look at him.

"Yeah... I know. Thank you..." I said looking into his eyes.

He smiled. He then kissed my forehead.

"You're welcome. Now C'Mon." He said, getting up from the bench.

We walked around a bit and then went back to his house, where Nick, Matt. And Jamie were sitting on the couch.

I looked at Alex, and he nodded at me.

I stepped forward.

"Nick..." I said.

"What?" He snapped.

"I'm sorry for what I've done... But I just want to tell you, I accept that you want to move, and that you have a girlfriend, and that you smoke. I know that this band and your own life is important to you, and you need to put the majority of your time into it. I'm really sorry." I finished.

Matt and Jamie smiled, and Alex nodded his head.

Nick sat there, staring at me for a moment.

"Alright. C'mere you Pip." He said coming over to hug Me.

He hugged me and kissed my forehead and then we parted.

"I'm sorry you accidentally took a blow, and I'm sorry for yelling at ya' like that." He smiled.

"Forgiven." I nodded.

He smiled and then turned to Alex.

"I'm sorry Mate." He said.

Alex nodded and smiled and they hugged, laughing and messing up each others hair.

"Alright! Lets practice!!" Alex said and they got to it.

~2 Months later~

Arctic monkeys have been playing gigs every week for a while. It's been amazing watching them play and be so happy.

~5 months later~

Arctic Monkeys got scouted by a record company. And they've released an album.

Right now I sit with my parents, and all the boys of Arctic Monkeys, Nick called for a dinner.

"So boys! What's the news?" Mother asks.

"Well, mum... Arctic Monkeys... Are going on tour!" Nick announces.

Mum drops her fork, and dad's jaw drops open.

"Hooray! Oh my babies! How grown up! Oh my boys! On tour!" She shouts going around, hugging and kissing all the boys on the cheeks.