Chapter 55

"Okay," Matty said as he crawled across the bed, curling up with a blanket. "Spill."

It had been a few days since the breakdown incident, and I decided a nice visit with one of my favorite people was over due.

George was out for the night, hanging out with their friend Ross.

Alex had really cleaned up over those few days, and his mood was much better.

I decided not to ask him any further about Alexa and what happened between them. It just wasn't my business.

"Hello!" Matty threw a piece of popcorn at me, bringing me out of my trance as he took another handful and ate it.

Through his stuffed mouth he mumbled, "Spill!"

I laughed.

It was over the next half an hour that I explained everything that had happened.

Matty listened intently to every detail.

"Shit," he muttered when I had finished my story.

I nodded,grabbing some of the popcorn and pushing it into my mouth.

"I know." I said.

"Its crazy, yeah?" I asked.

He nodded.

He grabbed his mug of juice from the night table and sipped at it, making a hissing noise that alerted me to the fact that he'd probably spiked his own drink.

I raised my eyebrow.

"Do you ever not drink?" I joked.

"Shu' up!" He said, bringing the mug close to his face. "Its cranberry juice..." He went to sip but paused. "... And vodka." He whispered as if I weren't to hear.

"Called it." I smiled, meaning back against the wall.

He made a funny 'whatever' face at me as he placed the cup down.

"So come on then, what about you and George? How are you lot doing?" I asked.

He smiled.

"We're doing fine. We uh..." He smiled to himself, tilting his head downward. "We had like... Actual sex for the first time the other night." He said.

Matty wasn't always one to share intimate details but he certainly wasn't as shy about it as you'd think.

"Really, then? I bet that was fun." I laughed, picking up the lovely cup of tea that Matty had made me.

He must have drugged it or something, because he honestly made the best cup of tea every time he made one.

"Remind me to call your mother." I said, sipping at my tea.

His eyes widened.

"Are you going to tell my mother that I had sex with George?!" He exclaimed.

I paused,almost spitting out my tea as laughter bubbled from me.

"N-No!" I tried to speak between laughs.

"I meant to thank her for raising you to make such amazing cups of tea!" I continued to laugh, placing my mug on the night table.

"Oh my god." Matty breathed.

He clutched a hand over his chest, breathing out with wide eyes.

"I mean, not that my mother would mind, she has sort of shipped George and I since we were kids, but Jesus!" He said.