Chapter 41

Today was the day of the party.

Van's house party.

I was a bit nervous, since he said there would be alcohol there, but nothing could happen.

Everyone who was going was people that Van knew, plus the boys were all coming, as well as the girls.

I put on my black jeans, chucks, a nice floral button up that Matty had given to me and my jacket.

I got ready and then sat on my bed.

I was simply relaxing, but was so spaced out that when my phone rang from beside me, I jumped rather high.

I picked it up, recognizing Matty's icon.

"Hi Matty!" I smiled, though he couldn't see me.

"Hello, love." he said back.

"So funny you should call, I'm wearing that floral shirt that you gave me the other day." He had one just like it, but it was slightly different in design, and he said he bought it because when he saw it he thought of me.

"Really?" he sounded excited.

"I'm glad I picked something nice." I could imagine him smiling.

"Well, look, Me and the boys, as well as one that you haven't met before are going to a small party tonight. Care to join?" he asked.

"I'd love to but I'm going to a small party as well." I said.

"Really, now? Where?" he asked.

"My friend Van just moved down here and is-"

"Throwing a house warming party?" Matty finished.

"Y-Yeah... How did you know?" I asked, curiously.

He laughed.

"Oh my god. Well, it just so happens that we are also going to that party." he laughed.

"No way! How do you know Van?" I questioned.

"We saw his band, what are they called, ehm, Catfish and The Bottlemen, and we adored them, so we started talking after their gig and turned out they were quite nice and we became friends." he explained.

"Well, that's amazing! I grew up with Van, he's one of my closest friends!" I said.

After the words left my mouth I frowned a bit.

Van was my best friend but I had lacked in talking to him or sharing with him recently, and there was a lot that he didn't know, so I felt bad for letting it slip.

"Well then, I suppose we will see you at the party. What are you doing until tonight?" he asked.

"I haven't got anything planned. Might meet up with the boys and girls when they're ready but if not then I'll just wait it out until I can make my way over." I thought aloud.