Chapter 10

We were half an hour away from the show, and the boys were warming up, Matt was outside, using his drum sticks, Jamie and Nick were in the other attached room, with their bass and guitar, warming up as well.

I sat in the room with Alex, and he began to make up the couch that he was sitting on.

He then laid down, resting his head on a pillow and hands on his stomach.

"What are you doing?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Nappin'." He yawned.

I turned my head to the side.

"I think I perform better if I've had a good half an hour nap before we perform." He said, closing his eyes and relaxing.

I knew that he couldn't see me as I nodded, so I also allowed a tiny, 'Mm.' To escape from my lips.

I sat there patiently, waiting the time to pass by.

Eventually the time came, and all the boys gathered back into the room as Alex woke up.

He shook his head and took a sip of the water that was sitting on the table.

"You're on boys." The manager announced, leaving the room.

I followed the excited, bouncy boys as they made their way to the side of the stage.

"Here we go..." Alex said.

I looked at Matt, and he looked at me, walking over and giving me a hug.

"Good luck! You're gonna do great!" I said in his ear.

He smiled at me and mumbled a quick thank you as he jogged on stage.

The crowd cheered and he sat at his kit.

I gave Jamie a hug next, and whispered a good luck to him before he jogged out.

Nick was next, and I gave him a kiss on the cheek and a hug.

His bright blue eyes beemed with excitement.

He held my hands for a moment before letting go and jogging out there, recieving a positive reaction from the crowd.

"Well, don't keep them waiting!" I said, hitting Alex in the arm.

He looked over at me and then pulled me into his arms.

He hugged me tightly.

"Blow them away, Turner." I whispered to him.

He let out a deep chuckle.

"I won't disappoint, O'Malley." He said before letting go, and jogging on stage.

I bit my lip in anticipation, ready to watch my favorite boys perform.

Through out the whole performance, I was enchanted by how each song sounded, though I had heard them be played so many times before.

The energy was different, in a good way.

This wasn't practice in Alex's garage, this wasn't a gig in a local pub.

This was the real thing, and they had a large audience.

After watching them perform in a way that I hadn't before, the concert was over.

I had four large, cold bottles of water ready for each boy when they came off, I made sure of that.

The sweaty boys came my way and i clapped at them while I smiled.

They cheered and bounced and I tossed them each a bottle of water, each of the boys downing the bottles in a matter of a minute.