Four

RAN WOKE up early and do her rotten pace.
After she ate her breakfast which just a sandwich and milk. She went out for jogging to have a sweat. And since it's still early, there's no students yet. With her black sleeveless shirt and tight legging, She speed off.

Ran was just about to pass at the tennis curt when she heard a muffled sound of bouncing   ball that keep hitting on the wall. She got curious and decide to take a look. She stunned to see Akaya at this early.

Ran stood there for ten minute as she watch Akaya keep hitting the ball in the wall, unaware of her presence. He's too focused to notice her.

"Good morning Akaya!" She greeted him with a smile. Akaya looked up at her and stunned. He knew that Ran was boarding at Rikkai dormitory, but it's still stunned him to see her early in the morning.

"What are doing at this early morning Ran?" Asked Akaya with a frowned.

"Look who's talking. I should be the one asking you that. Why are practicing on you're own this early?" Shae asked when she reach him.

"I've been neglecting my training." He said as he back hitting the ball. "Yukimura buchou's not saying anything. But I know that he was upset of my tardies this past few days." He said with abet of  conviction.  "National Tournament is getting nearer. I can't get sloppy of my training though."

"I made you lated this past few days.." it's a statement. She realized that she was the reason of Akaya's tardies.

"No! I didn't mean that way Ran." He retorted. "It's me.. was the problem. I can't finish my studies with you quickly because some of it, was hard to understand. All you did was be patient on me." He said with out looking at her.  She walk beside him and hug him on his waist and pat his back since he was taller than her.

"I didn't know that Akaya Kirihara is dramatic person." She tease him. He just put his arm around her shoulder and also tease her.

"And I didn't know that Ms. Ran Asusagawa is actually sweet." He said and chuckled. She pinch the side of his waist because  of his statement.

He winced.

"Why don't we play a match? Since it's still early. We can play a rally 'till six thirty." Ran asked.

"You sure?"

"Yeah," she grin. "don't tell me you underestimate me? I'm not a player but I know some moves you know."

"Will see about that." He then take his other racquet out of his bag. "But to tell you. I'm not an easy opponent, so get ready cause I won't give you a handicap." He matched her grinned.

"And I didn't need it anyway. So don't hold back."

Two started their rally as they played. However. They didn't know that someone has been watching them from not a far on the tennis court. He start writing something right down on his notes.

"I didn't know you were this good Ran!" Kirihara exclaim. "But you didn't see my true strength yet." He bragged and smirked.

Ran on the other hand also smirked. "Bring it on."

"Here I go!" And then Kirihara serve his knuckle serve. It's like he squeezed the ball first using his knuckle and serve. It give powerful spin and acceleration.

"0-15" Kirihara said and chuckled. A chauvinist one. "Knuckle serve."

"Hmm..knuckle serve huh?"

"Here comes another one!" Kirihara serve that serve again but....

"Sorry Akaya but... it won't work on me that serve twice!" She exclaim as she hit the ball. Stunned was all over's Kirihara's face.

"No way.."