Seven

"I'M HOME." Seiichi Yukimura informed. He's sister Sayaka is running towards him.

"Oni-chan welcome back!" Sayaka greet her brother. Yukimura bowed down so that they were both equal.

"Did you behave while Nii-chan and papa away?" He asked while ruffling her hair.

"Yes. Yumiko-San take good care of me. She baked me my favorite cake." Sayaka said giggled. Yukimura smiled. But instantly disappear when He heard the next word from Sayaka. "She said she will take care and love me. Those things that she couldn't do anymore with Ran-Nee-chan because it's too late."

"Do you know what she mean by that?" Yukimura smile trying to fish more. He's curiosity was eating him already.

"I don't know. But she said that she made a terrible mistake to Ran Nee-chan, and Yumiko-san regret it." She said sadly.

"Ara! Seiichi-kun. Welcome back." Yumiko pop up suddenly. Yukimura greet her with a smile as always.

"Thank you Yumiko-San."

"You want something to eat. I made some pastries if you like." She kindly said and smiled. Yukimura's warily and curiosity is building up inside him. But he stop himself asking a question. He get his answer on his own way. Slowly.

"Hmm.. I'd love that." He said still smiling. "Why don't we eat together. Right Sayaka?" He asked her little sister.

"Hmm. Yumiko-San's pastries was so delicious."

"Alright."

When their eating together. Yukimura start asking simple question to avoid suspiciousness.

"Did you're daughter love to eat pastries too?" Yukimura simply asked. He saw on how Yumiko's smile slowly disappear.

"Ran...was..never tried my cooking ever since she was a little." Yukimura stunned of the information.

"Why...?" He carefully asked. Yumiko just shook her head. Meaning she already dismissed the topic. Yukimura got disappointed but he couldn't continue to pry because of Yumiko's vulnerable at the moment. She looked sad and guilty that Yukimura suspicious grew more.  He pitied her. But there something odd was happened. And he will discovered it.

"By the way Yumiko-San. What you're daughter look like?" Yumiko stunned but smiled and answered him anyway.

"She has a long flamed haze hair and scarlet eyes. She has a heart shape face." Yumiko laugh a little. So... it's really her huh.. "If she was not snobby and scary. A lot of young men suitors will after her." Yukimura don't know but.. He doesn't like the idea of her being with another man. The sight of that bastard--who ever he is----while holding her was giving Yukimura an unpleasant feeling. "She looked more resemblance of her father." Yumiko said and didn't said anything afterward as they continue eating.

****

Ran was so engross of her doing that she forgot the time. "Oh! Shit! I am so late!" After she put the things on the box and put it on a lunch bag. She went to her room to take her phone. There's a lot of missed call and text from Akaya. (She only give her number to him except her teammates in the organization of course) she rush to the kitchen and get the two lunch box and headed out.

***

"What took you so long?" Akaya whispered. Afraid that the professor in front of them will hear him.

"I was making something and I forgot the time." She reasoned. Akaya just frowned. Ran was late. Twenty minutes actually but the professor didn't bothered to scold her. That't new.