Chapter 7:

*** Craig POV ***

Kiante told me everything, from when she was younger and her uncle raped her when she was 7 to now... With how her father still abuses her. She's never been able to trust any man but that's not surprising, I guess she just feels safe with me.

I mean I'd never love her like a girlfriend, only as a BestFriend. She was laying in the bedsheets, head to toe Hidden from the blankets. I lay on top of the bedsheets and tapped her.  

She pulled of the blankets and looked at me with her blood shot eyes.

"Come here" I motioned for her to come a lay next to me.

She took time to think about it, but I understand. She finally scooted over. I lay down so we were face to face. I wrapped my arms around her reassuring her. She wrapped her arms around me to, I slowly leant down and pushed back her hair on her forehead and kissed cheek.

At first she moved back a bit, I could tell she was really uncomfortable so I quickly returned to our first position.

"I-I'm sorry Craig, I'm just not used to someone.." She couldn't finish her sentence.

"Speak your mind" I stared her in the eyes.

"Someone, caring for me... Like you do..." She sighed and buried her head in my chest. I pulled her close and slowly rocked her to sleep. It only took 10 minutes and she was fast asleep. My phone started vibrating so I pulled it out. Caller ID.. Jacob.

~ Phone Call ~

Jacob: Craig Crippen Jr. How the fuck you gone ditch yo boys like this!?!

Craig: *hears soft moans in the background* Jacob, I left to go see someone and y'all didn't notice till 2 and a half hours later so don't come with that bull... And what the fuck is that noise in the background?

Jacob: Oh Ray's making out with some girl and are we going back to yours anyway?

Craig: Well they don't call him Ray2Wice for nothing.. And yeah I guess, you guys already know where the spare key is and we might have a guest...

Jacob: You already know. * speaks to ray in the background* RAYAN THAT'S NASTY! .. Sorry Craig, Ray be feeling up the girl.. And Who?!

Craig: man that's fucked up, Ray needs to go sort himself out! And someone..

Jacob: Whatever Cya!

Craig: bye Jacob.

I hung up the phone and slid it on the bedside table. Then Kiante started shuffling around. She opened her beautiful hazel eyes and stared at me. I gazed back, we spent about 5 minutes staring in to each others eyes.

"Kia?" I asked still gazing in her eyes.

"Yes Craig" she said also still gazing into my eyes.

"Come stay with me.. Please? " I asked. She turned her head and looked down.

"But Craig my dad will find me.. Then he'll try to kill you.. You've already seen the way he reacts when I speak to you" She sighed.

"Please?" I asked again.

"But..." She mumbled.

I got of the bed and walked over to where she was, I grabbed her hands and pulled her up.

"You're coming with me whether you want to or not" I laughed.

She just giggled.

"Yes Sir"

She gathered all her stuff as I sat at the end of the bed watching her, after a while she had finally finished. I put my arm around her shoulder as we walked out of the hotel and towards my car. The whole ride home was silent. I walked up to the door and she stood in front of me incase her dad saw.

We opened the door to find Chres,Ray and Jacob tied to chairs... I ran towards them.

"What the fuck?!" I screeched.

Then I saw the looks on their faces, they looked straight past me. I stood there confused. They closed their eyes tight as I felt hands grab me and pull me towards them. I closed my eyes and bit my lip in pain. Then the person had a knife to my neck.

I closed my eyes tight and said a little prayer to myself as the knife got closer to cutting in my skin.I took what I thought was gonna be my last breath and stared at Kiante.. If looks could kill... I'd already be dead.