thirty

Chapter Thirty
Jennifer's POV

Tuesday (12AM)

By the middle of the night, we were already stuffed with pizza, and exhausted from all of the competitive gaming. My fingers were aching from constantly tapping the touch screen, my stomach hurt just a bit, and I could tell that Collin was getting antsy.

"The night doesn't have to end here," He assured, "We, we can go to my place, your place, the park, anywhere."

Right now, he was trying to keep me outside, and his attempts were indefinite

Right now, he was trying to keep me outside, and his attempts were indefinite. "Sure, let's go to the park."

As we slid out of the booth, my heart began to beat profusely. I looked around and noticed that Collin had his hand on my lower back. I quickly smiled at him and continued to walk.

"Bye, thanks for having us!" I waved goodbye to Donny, him smiling back at us and telling Collin and I to come back whenever we wanted. The only thing on my mind was going home, and going to bed. I was tired, and most importantly, I was sick.

Collin held open his car door, and shut it after I'd entered. I sat in silence for a bit, relaxing into the seat. The dinner went better than I thought, and I don't regret attending it.

Ten Minutes Later

The memories flood back into my mind. Collin opening up to me for the first time, us having an argument about homecoming, and then me slapping him right across the face.

"Why don't you sit on the swing? I'll push you." He suggested, pointing at the playground. I shook my head, not wanting to go through that much fluid motion.

"My stomach hurts really bad, Collin. How about we just sit and talk." I insisted instead, a whiny look on my face.

We both sat down on a bench, him putting his arm behind me on the seat

We both sat down on a bench, him putting his arm behind me on the seat. The weather wasn't bad, nor was it your ideal weather. It was the kind that made you want to sit out on your porch at night, rather go into town.