thirty two

Chapter Thirty Two

Monday

Something made me cancel all of the plans that I had with Mason. I'd be lying if I were to say that my decision to do so wasn't affected by Collin. But I'd also be lying if I were to say that it was. Mason dropped me off home regardless, telling me to congratulate my father on his behalf on the promotion. I may have told him that I had an important dinner to attend.

"Mom? Dad? I'm home." I call out, and snatch my key from out of the lock. Milkshake immediately jumped down the steps and ambushed me at the door.

"Hey, boy." I smile as he jumped onto my legs. His tail went at a million miles a minute, and I loved it.

"Jennifer.." A voice called, and the boy himself turned around the corner. Collin looked worried, and in a rush.

"Um .... Why are you in my house?" I chuckled, wondering why my parents even let him in.

"I wanted to tell you, that going out with Mason today is a huge mistake, I don't want you to get hurt-" Collin stopped himself midway, in order to look over my shoulder

"I wanted to tell you, that going out with Mason today is a huge mistake, I don't want you to get hurt-" Collin stopped himself midway, in order to look over my shoulder. He seemed to be searching for something and when he couldn't find it, he glanced me in the eyes.

"What?" I chuckle, rubbing Milkshake's ears.

"Where's uh, where is he?" He asked.

"Who, Mason?" I asked, knowing that that's the only person Collin could possibly have been referring to.

"Yes."

"Oh, I called off the date, I told him I couldn't go anymore." I tell truthfully, clutching onto my bag and walking past Collin. He followed closely behind me, watching my every move.

"Why the hell would you do that?" I looked back at him, not really knowing why I called it off myself. Well actually I did, but I didn't want to admit it. So I just shrugged and led Collin into the kitchen.

"I don't know, I just didn't feel like going anymore."

I knew for a fact that Collin wasn't believing my reason. Although, I didn't really come up with it to make sure that he believed it. 

"Rain check?" He asked, and at that moment I looked over at him, into his eyes. They were hopeful, and I knew exactly what he wanted me to say.

 They were hopeful, and I knew exactly what he wanted me to say