forty

Chapter Forty

Friday Night

After the door to the limousine closed, and the driver quickly pulled off, I was officially at prom. I'm not going to lie, my nerves are everywhere, and I can't keep track of them. But Mason grabbed onto my hand and reassured me that everything was going to go according to plan.

"Ok, remember what I said on the way here. Pictures first, and then we can find our table." Brooklyn reminded, smoothing out the backside of her black dress. Michael stood there, watching her intently with a blank face.

Stacey noticed and snapped him out of it so that his attention would be on her

"We're all sitting at the same table?" Jenifer asked, looking away from Collin. Who had just fished her smashed corsage from out of his back pocket.

"Yeah, that's how going to prom with friends works." I informed sarcastically, earning a soft nudge from Mason.

Then we were off to the school's front door, there, a few security guards stood and I could feel the boy beside me tense up a bit. "Scared of the police?" I asked with a smile.

"Not the idea of them, just him in particular." He told and nodded his head towards the slim guard. I didn't really see why he found him intimidating but that's a discussion for a later date.

Walking down the hallways and hearing the loud music approaching made my stomach a bit queasy

Walking down the hallways and hearing the loud music approaching made my stomach a bit queasy. I don't know why, but my attitude about this whole night now is way different from what I'd assumed it would be earlier.

"Be right back." Mason told, and quickly made his way up to Jenifer. I cocked my head to the side for a second, wondering when it was that they'd became friends. A certain someone however snapped me from my daze.

"What do you want, Collin?" I asked, low key wondering why he was walking so close to me.

"Nothing, I just wanted to tell you to save me a dance."