Heartache 💙🍋

Dabi x Reader
@Buleysky ❤️
(TW: brief smut, hoe energy)
***

She was beautiful, so much that you felt your heart shatter even more. The woman almost didn't look real. Slender legs, long jet-black hair, and a pair of melons that caught people's eyes. Features that anyone would fight over if given the chance.

As she sat on his lap, whispering into his ear, you finally had the courage to look away. You had known for a while that things were coming to an end. Dabi had stopped giving you his attention, instead investing himself into the League. Then, he'd go out on nights like this.

Exiting the club felt even worse. Everyone was having fun drinking, partying, and messing around. You were left alone on the curb, trying to fight against the onslaught of tears. Only a few more dollars were left in your purse. It was enough to get home, at least. Then, you'd swiftly pack everything and leave. What you needed was a fresh start. No more villain business, no more heartache.

"Are you okay, miss?"

He was a small little thing. The boy couldn't have been more than three feet tall, and had the biggest brown eyes. He was looking up at you, squinting his eyes when he saw your own eyes gleam in the darkness.

"Yeah...I'm okay. I'll be alright."

Turning around, he prepared to leave. But, he stopped when he heard you sniffle. Then, the waterworks began.

"Don't let him cloud your mind."

Then, he was gone. Your eyes scanned the area, but it was like he disappeared. Well, maybe he did. It didn't make much of a difference. Maybe you were starting to go a little bonkers?

Two boxes, three boxes, and more. You had to be quick with storing your items. No longer would Dabi hold you back, nor upset you. Everything was packed, secured, and ready to go. The apartment was almost bare, with a few of Dabi's items laying around. One last look, and you shut the front door.

At first, he didn't think anything of it. The scarred man told himself you were just out and about, and would be home soon. Well, after a few days, he started to grow increasingly concerned. All of your stuff was gone, you wouldn't answer his messages, and nobody else knew what had happened. It shouldn't have frustrated him like it did, but yet Dabi was close to setting the entire city on fire.

You, on the other hand, were living your best life. New friends, new hobbies, new things. No more sucky boyfriend to tie you down, or the responsibilities that came with being in a relationship. Free.

Parties, clubs, hookups. Everything a young woman would dream about. You were careful, of course, but you let the fantasies run wild. It was so fun. Tonight, you were at a house party. You didn't even know anyone there, but you still danced the night away and drank several cups of soda.

Beautiful.

That's all Dabi could think of as he watched you dance. Your dress sparkled under the lights, and the movements of your limbs were enticing. He sat back against the loveseat, pulling his hood further over his face. Dabi didn't even notice the woman who sat next to him. His senses were dulled, with his eyes focusing on you.

"Hey, stranger—"

"—Shut the fuck up."

The woman muttered under her breath, getting up from her spot quickly. Dabi was left alone, again. No warmth, comfort, support. Well, he knew it was his fault. It had been about eight months, but during the lengthy period of time he had moments where he'd think to himself. Dabi imagined a life where he wasn't fucked up. Would you have stayed? Probably. What else could he have done differently?