Anguish 🧡🍋

Katsuki Bakugou x Reader

***

Even all of your strength wasn't enough. You'd finally managed to turn the tables, inching the knife deathly close to the column of his throat. Both hands pushed it down, but both of his pushed it back up. Katsuki wasn't even trying. He found it funny.

"You...I...hate you!" You tried pressing more weight onto the handle, but it did nothing. Your legs straddled his waist, hovering on top of him.

"That's all you can say? Harsh." He shifted his place on the floor, blowing strands of hair out of his face. This wasn't hard at all. If anything, this was a rare, but interesting occurrence. For once, you were willingly on top of him. Albeit for different reasons, of course.

To be honest, he wasn't expecting you to retain this much strength. After all, you'd been kept inside an apartment for several months. No physical activity, no outside communication, nothing. Had you been doing push ups or something while he was away? Probably.

Katsuki's eyes widened when the knife started to descend further down to his neck, the tip of it grazing his skin. Your arms shook terribly, and several tear drops landed on his skin. He relaxed his scowl, morphing his expression into a calm one. You always responded better when he composed himself.

"Baby, you don't know what you're doing."

His words reaped no rewards, instead only spurring on more tears from you. Katsuki loved to see you cry, but not like this. This was different.

"You've ruined my life...killed my friends...you have taken everything from me!"

He choked when the tip of the knife penetrated his throat, bubbling up a small puddle of blood. It leaked down the sides of his neck, staining the white kitchen tile below.

"These scars right here-" You angled your neck to the right, displaying the ugly and jagged lines that covered the left side. "You did these. I...I'll never be the same. I hate you, Katsuki!"

That was the first time you'd ever said his first name. It was always either 'Bakugou' or 'Master'. His eyebrows furrowed together, and his eyes flickered back and forth to the knife and your ever flowing tears.

"You're right; I did that. Do you know why, Y/N?"

The knife was pushed upwards suddenly, no longer embedded in Katsuki's skin. Your arm muscles strained to push it back down, but it wasn't working. He further lifted your arms until they were high above your head.

"It's because I love you."

Explosions from his right hand knocked the knife from your grasp, and it clattered somewhere behind you. The positions were reversed, with your back being slammed against the floor. You groaned in pain, seeing stars dance in your vision. His body covered yours with shadow, and you recognized his calloused fingers tilting your chin upwards.

Instead of silent tears, loud and ugly sobs escaped your throat. You felt so tired. It was all too much, too exhausting. If you had never attended UA, you would have never met Katsuki Bakugou. He would have never developed an obsession so sick and twisted. Your friends would still be alive. If you could turn back the clock, you would watch from the shadows as they all carried on their lives. You'd watch Katsuki obsess over someone else instead. Why did it have to you?