Chapter 1

Amelia had just been walking down the hall towards Conrad's room. She knew she needed to talk to him. He hadn't been picking up her calls or answering her messages and she hadn't seen him around for ages. She just put it down to stress considering Finals were less than a week away. 

That was when she heard some voices in his room. She quickly peeked round the corner and saw two people. A boy with curly blonde hair and a girl with straight dark hair. 

The girl sighed and turned to the boy "Hey, look, his bed is made. I mean, things can't be so dire if his bed is made, right?"

That was when Trusky came into the room and Amelia followed him standing in the doorway. "Whoa. Excuse me. This is my room that you guys are rifling through." Trusky said gesturing to the room. 

The two spun round quickly with confused looks on their faces until the blonde guy nodded and stuck out his hand. "Hey, man. I'm Conrad's brother. We talked on the phone earlier. It's nice to finally meet you."

Trusky shook his hand "Okay."

Amelia stared at the boy and gave him a warm smile "It's Jeremiah, right?" then she turned to the girl "Which means you must be Belly. Can I call you Belly or should I call you Isabel?" 

Belly looked at Jeremiah confused before looking back at Amelia "Yeah. Um Belly is fine." she paused then asked "I'm sorry but who are you?"

It was Amelia's turn to pause "I'm Amelia. Amelia Williams. I'm one of Conrad's best friends."

Jeremiah sighed "Sorry but he's never mentioned you. So we have no idea who you are."

Amelia smiled awkwardly and shrugged "Never mind, it's cool."

Jeremiah nodded and looked back at Trusky "Um, hey, Connie's not back, is he?"

"Uh, I haven't seen him since Thursday afternoon." Trusky explained to the group. 

"Did anything else happen before he left?" Jeremiah asked.

Trusky thought for a moment "He got into it with somebody on the phone. Like, he was yelling and shit. And then he just took off?"

Jeremiah's eyes widened in confusion before he continued questioning "Do you have any idea who he was yelling at?"

Trusky shook his head "I don't know, bro. The government who's surveilling us through our devices as we speak." he said mysteriously making Amelia shake her head in annoyance. 

Jeremiah sighed clearly annoyed as well "Is that the last time you heard from him?"

"No. He texted me this morning saying that he was gonna miss bio lab and asked if I could take notes. I'd be annoyed, but I spent this whole year copying off of his shit, so I can't really complain. Y'all feel?" Trusky asked.

 Jeremiah chuckled "Mm. Would you mind just, like, trying to call him from your phone and seeing if he answers?"

"Yeah, for sure." he called Conrad's phone but the line went dead "No. Straight to voice mail." he sighed.

"My brother might know where Conrad went. They're close. They sit next to each other in Biology" Amelia inputted, deep in thought. 

Jeremiah turned to him, "Could you call him and ask?" 

Amelia nodded and got on the phone and rang her twin brother "Hey. Hey, Alex, um, you wouldn't happen to have any idea where Conrad disappeared to, do you?"

"Um... I think he said he was going to hang out with his cousin by the beach." Alex explained to his sister. 

"Thanks Alex" she said before hanging up. She turned to Conrad's brother and Belly before saying "He said Conrad went to see his cousin at the beach but I think Conrad has gone to the beach house at Cousins"

Jeremiah nodded "All right, Belly, let's go." he quickly turned to Amelia "Thank you" 

Trusky pointed at the girl "Oh, yeah, you're Belly. Yo... when you guys broke up, my man fell into a depression"

Belly stuttered awkwardly "Uh, I-I don't think that was because of me."

"No, yeah, it definitely was. Like, he was always looking at your picture on his phone." Trusky told her. Amelia gave him a pointed look which shut him up before Trusky added "Anyways, when you guys find him, tell him that he has to be back for this bio final on Thursday or he doesn't pass the class."

Belly paused "Wait, seriously?"

Trusky nodded "Yeah."

"Okay. Um, I'll grab his computer. You grab his books and stuff so he can study." Jeremiah told Belly.

Belly looked at Amelia who shrugged "Okay?"

"Come on." Jeremiah asked "Are these Conrad's? So I can just take all these?"

"Yeah, all that stuff is his. You can take it." Amelia said gesturing to the pile of stuff Jeremiah asked about.

Jeremiah rushed the girl next to him "Let's go, Belly."

"Good luck." Trusky called after them.  

Belly yelled over her shoulder "Thanks."

Amelia ran off down the hall knowing what she needed to do.