Chapter 30

The next morning Amelia woke up and went to the bathroom to get rid of her horrible morning look. That was when she heard Conrad and Belly talking "Hey. Hey. Can we talk?" Conrad asked.  

Belly nodded "Yeah. Yeah, actually, I, uh... I wanted to talk to you, too."

"Okay. Um... So I'm gonna go first. Um... About the other day. Um... I was pissed about you and Jere, and, um... I... guess I was just trying to screw that up. Um, but I don't want to get between you guys anymore, so... I just want you to know that, I'm happy for you. We're cool. We're friends."

Amelia could practically hear Belly's smile "Yeah. Friends. Okay."

He gestured to his bags "I was just about to head out."

"Okay. Yeah." Belly agreed.  

"You should take it. It's still yours." Conrad said handing Belly the infinity necklace.  She shook her head "No. I don't want to keep it anymore." Belly sighed "We've done this before."

"It isn't like last time." Conrad promised "I've got Amelia now" 

Amelia smiled to her self and walked out of the bathroom casually not wanting to explain that she had been eavesdropping. 

"Morning guys" she said with a smile packing her pyjamas into her bag and making sure everything was packed. 

That was when Jeremiah and Alex walked in with bags "Breakfast?" 

"No, I was just about to... head out, actually. Front desk said there's a bus at 8:30. I'm gonna go back to Cousins." Conrad explained.  

Amelia's smile fell "A-Are you sure? 'Cause, you know, I have to go back and swap cars anyway..." Jere told him. 

"You can just take my car." Conrad told him carelessly. 

"I'll get your car back to Boston. It's no biggie." Jere said.  

Everyone got the car loaded up and began to say their goodbyes. Conrad looked between everyone "See you guys at the Fourth of July?" 

"Yeah, we'll be there." Alex said gesturing to himself and his sister. Belly nodded as well "Yeah. I, uh... I wouldn't miss Susannah's favourite holiday." 

"Make sure they get back safe, okay?" Conrad made Jere promise. He said goodbye to Belly, Jere and Alex. 

He looked at Amelia "I'll call you later?" he asked. She nodded and hugged him farewell. He let go and waved before walking off to the bus station. "Wait, Conrad!" Amelia exclaimed running to him. She pulled him down for a kiss then jokingly said "Don't ignore your calls this time"

He kissed her back "I promise" the he carried on walking and Amelia went back to the car. 

Alex turned to Amelia "I've just told mom and dad that you're going to cousins with Conrad and they trust you.

"Wait really?" she asked surprised. 

He nodded "Yes. Just do me one favour" he paused "Please use protection I vouched for you and Mom and Dad will kill me if you get pregnant and then I'll come back and haunt you"

She hit his arm "Alex shut up!" she smiled "I don't think we're gonna go to the stage for a while yet"

He nodded and hugged his sister then he handed Amelia her bag and sent her off "I'll miss you sis, but I'll be back at Cousins for the fourth"

"I'll miss you to Alex" she hugged him and then ran to the bus station. "Conrad!"

He looked over at her as he was about to board "I'm coming too" he smiled and picked her up in a hug. 

"Wait, Alex and you're parents are okay with this?" Conrad asked. She nodded in response and smiled. 

The bus driver shook her head "Real sweet lovebirds but are you getting on the bus or not?" 

"Oh-Um yeah we are" they loaded there bags on and set off back to cousins.