Chapter 29

Teh lady at the desk explained to them again "It's just the one room. If you don't want it, I have a trucker on hold that does." 

"No, no, no, no." Amelia said. 

"Uh, we will take it." Conrad told her producing his card and paying for it. 

Belly smiled at the woman "Thank you." 

She handed over the room key and everyone started to head over "You guys go ahead, I'll catch up." Conrad told them. 

Alex looked at him quizzically as he asked "What are you gonna do?" 

"Just gonna make some calls." He explained "Didn't get a chance to say goodbye to anybody, so..."

Belly nodded in understanding "Okay."

They walked outside and Amelia said "Actually I'm just going to sit out here for a bit. Alex asked "You sure?" she nodded "Yeah, also if you get food get me something that looks edible"

"Sure" he said and they went into the room. 

Amelia just sat on a bench outside and gazed into the rain. It brought back painful memories.

It was a few months after her and Conrad's friendship began and they were in his dorm studying late for Conrad's bio test when it started raining. Amelia had always loved the rain and so she dragged Conrad outside with her. 

"Come on Connie!" she exclaimed pulling him outside. 

"No Amelia it's freezing" he told her but she insisted till he eventually gave into her. He stood in the pouring rain and held her as the two danced around. She looked at him smiling and laughing. He looked at her and he could feel something he wasn't ready to admit. 

Amelia got up off of the bench and started dancing around slowly lost in thought. It wasn't until she felt a pair of eyes on her that she stopped. She looked over and saw Conrad, he cleared his throat and tried to leave. 

Amelia breathed out "Connie"

He didn't look at her and so she decided to make the first move she held out her hand and put a weak smile on her face "Come on Connie"

He looked at her remembering the memory in the rain he smiled back "No Amelia it's freezing". She looked at him as a tear formed "Please"

He gave in and walked out into the rain and just stood their in silence. He looked down at her "Look Amelia, I'm sorry I really am. I just keep screwing things up between us. It's just-I like you okay. I like you so much that you're brother is telling w=me to tell you..."

"Then why?" She asked him "Why has it taken you this long? Why do I have to suffer thinking you want Belly back?"

"I was jealous ,okay. But I don't want Belly. I want you" he grabbed her waist and pulled her close. The pair stared into each others eyes as they got closer and closer. 

He whispered his question onto her lips "Do you want me?" She didn't reply instead she pulled him closer and kissed him. There was enough passion in their kiss to boil the rain around them and when they eventually pulled apart neither could breathe. 

"I want you Conrad Fisher" she said. 

The two walked into the room talking and smiling which did not go unnoticed by everyone else " You two finally made up?" Alex asked. Jeremiah joked "By the state of their hair I say they made out" 

Belly turned and looked at Amelia's blushing face and gasped. "I will neither confirm nor deny these charges Conrad said sitting down and grabbing a sandwich for himself and then tossing on e to Amelia. 

Alex laughed "Uh, fair warning, we have no idea how long those have been in the vending machine, so..."

"Yeah, all right, I'm good." Amelia said tossing the sandwich back. She did not want to look back on this night and remember getting food poisoning. 

After having a shower and getting ready for bed the boys asked each other "What side do you want?"

Alex jumped up "I call dibs on the chair" he set it up with a pillow and draped a blanket on himself and went to sleep. Everyone looked between each other and laughed.  

"Uh, I'll take this side." Conrad said gesturing to the left side of the floor. Jere began to set up on the right side "Thanks." 

"Oh, you guys should sleep in the bed. There's two of you." Amelia said "We can sleep on the floor." Belly offered.  

"No, take it. Ladies first." Jeremiah said. 

"Amelia there are also two of you." Conrad laughed "I'd forgotten how bad you are at maths" she threw the pillow at him and he tossed it back laughing. 

Belly shook her head "Yeah... normally, I'd argue, on principle, 'cause what does us being girls have to do with not sleeping on the floor?" 

"I definitely saw a roach earlier, so have at it, boys." Amelia said with a small smirk.  

Conrad and Jere chuckled to themselves and everyone dozed off into a deep sleep. Conrad though couldn't sleep and he stayed awake he just kept looking at Amelia's face and noticing how beautiful she got each day. 

He couldn't believe that he had pushed her away so much but she still came back for him. She would always come back for him. 

She rolled around and her arm hung off the side of the bed and slowly Conrad held it in his hand. It was like fitting two piece of a puzzle together and slowly he drifted off. There hands holding each other all night.