Chapter 25

"You really don't have to do this." Conrad told Belly.  

"Oh, yeah, no, I know, but, uh, I... I also know how much Stanford means to you." she said "I mean, you made me proof your essay five times." 

Amelia raised her hand "I had to do it seven times"

"No, I didn't. No, I didn't." Conrad tried to defend himself.  

"Yes, you did. Five times." Belly told him while Amelia held up seven fingers.  

Conrad laughed "Okay I did."

"I want to help." Belly told him.  

"Okay. Thanks."

"Do you know how long it's been sitting out?" Steven asked taking a whiff of the bacon. "I'm too exhausted to eat." Alex exclaimed.  

Amelia lounged on the table "Hmm. I could pass out on this counter right now." 

"Me, too." Jere said.

Belly clapped "All right. Come on. It's time to start studying, you lazy bums." 

"No, I'm too tired to study. I need a power nap. Mm." Jeremiah groaned.  

Belly scoffed "Okay, I'm tired too, but it's-it's already afternoon. I mean, we have to work all night and leave really early tomorrow." 

Jokingly Alex asked "Who invited her again?"

"Conrad works best under pressure." Amelia reminded him thoughtlessly.  

"Please, Belly?" Steven begged.  

"Just one hour?" Jere added.  

"Fine. One hour, and that is it." Belly relented. Jeremiah exclaimed "You're an angel." making Belly laugh.  

"Go before I change my mind." she told him. 

"Okay. Not you. Oh, come on. I need your help. Let's go. Come on!" Belly dragged Steven away. 

About 45 minutes after falling asleep Amelia woke up feeling refreshed and decided to help Belly. They decided to wake everyone up by squirting them with water. "Rise and shine." Belly said. 

"Jere could sleep through a tidal wave." Conrad told her as he got up. Belly opened the bottle and poured it on Jeremiah and Alex. 

"Oh. Good morning, Bells." he said.  

"Morning. It's almost 5:00. I let you sleep for an extra half hour so you better be grateful." Belly told him.  

"I'm grateful." Jere said wrapping his arm around her affectionately. 

"All right. Let's go. All right. Let's go study for Mr. Stanford and the twins" Belly said.  

They walked into the Kitchen and the boys spotted the food "Yes!" 

"Mickey D's cheeseburgers?" 

"No, no, no. No. These are a crucial part of the reward system." Belly said swatting him away. 

"Well, why does she get to have one?"  The boys complained. 

"Amelia gets one because she came up with the rewards system. Okay, this is how it's gonna work. Conrad studies, he gets a burger." 

"What about us?" Jeremiah and Alex asked "Conrad studies, you get a burger." 

"The reward system was your idea, huh?" Conrad asked her as everyone went to get set up.  

"Mm-hmm. What else do I get?" Conrad asked her flirtatiously.  

"Cheeseburgers, Oh and the surprise upstairs in the morning." Amelia told him. 

"What surprise?" he asked curiously. Amelia shrugged. 

"All right. Let's get to it." Belly said.  

"So, let's see. I have a practice test." she handed it to Conrad.  

"Thank you. Seriously. Thank you." Conrad said. 

"Okay, this one's not too bad." Steven said after he marked the test.  

"All right, where's the Golgi apparatus located?" Jeremiah quizzed Alex and Conrad.  

"Right near the nucleus." Conrad answered first.  

"That's correct!" 

Belly handed everyone a burger. 

"Thank you. All right, next question."

"All right, you guys." 

Conrad bragged "Six with me. One." he counted. 

"Okay, enough to boost your energy, but not to tire you out." Belly instructed.  

"Okay? No promises." Jere said doing ten push ups. 

Everyone started to loose energy really quickly so they stayed awake by drinking energy drinks and coffee. 

"Come on, you guys. We still have miles to go before we sleep." they all groaned in response to Amelia "All right. Fine. You know what?"

She chucked Belly her phone to play music. The boys perked up at the song "My mom loved this song." 

"Duh. Come on!" Belly said pulling Jere up to dance. 

"Where?" Jere asked confused. 

"Dance breaks are essential...for all-nighters." Belly said pulling everyone else up to dance.  

Conrad shook his head "I don't do that." 

Amelia smiled "Yes, you do!" 

"I don't dance. I don't dance." he insisted.  

Jeremiah scoffed "Okay, okay." 

Belly laughed "Let's go. Come on. Come on." 

Conrad sighed "I'm not gonna do it."

Amelia laughed "Yes you are" she grabbed his hand and pulled him closer to her.  

Steven and the boys started cheering "Yeah!"